Lucky 13?

I want to see if anyone on here has tried out Tony Cecchine's Lucky 13 excercise tape - if so, could you please provide some thoughts? I am thinking about ordering one, just wanted to get some informed opinions. I have Scrapper's MOD-1 and love it; I am just looking for something else to add some variety. Fish's voice is starting to give me brain damage. Thanks.

Do you like pain...do you like that sick feeling in the pit of your gut....you like throwing up....if the answer to all these questions is yes then by all means order Lucky 13...I just thought I was in shape until I got this tape...It is stickly a workout to get your ground game to the next level...it is a killer workout.

If you can get through it, then.....you're the man. It is unbelievably tough. Just my opinion. I would get it.

It is good for depleting your body of energy that you may need for other things such as grappling, you would need to eat thousands and thousands of calories per day to do Lucky 13 and grappling. As for weights, forget it! Lucky 13 type of traing will make you skinny and weak.

Weights/sprinting/plyometrics are better.

It is good for depleting your body of energy that you may need for other things such as grappling, you would need to eat thousands and thousands of calories per day to do Lucky 13 and grappling. As for weights, forget it! Lucky 13 type of traing will make you skinny and weak.

Weights/sprinting/plyometrics are better.

WTF????...kansetsuwaza what are you talking about???

For some people it is great. For people like me it is an excellent way to induce extreme overtraining.

The purpose is to gain endurance for wrestling, well I already have good wrestling endurance, you see, wrestling is the best endurance training for wrestling.

I have it and find it to be one of the most brutal workouts possible. I think its great. I can only do it 3 times a week, and I am not yet able to keep pace with the guys on the tape on every exercise. It starts out with 10 friggin min of sprawls, followed by box jumps, a few min of jogging, broad jumps, shuttle run,hercules chair, squat thrusts, one legged broad jumps, sprints, buddy carries(or squats if you dont have anyone to carry).Its 60 min of hell. It really will add to anyones conditioning , and is a grappling specific type workout. I cant see how anyone who has ever actually done the workout could say it will not bennifit your grappling endurance/explosiveness etc. I cant say enough about the Lucky 13 program. I would highly recommend it to anyone. It simply kicks ass!

I think it's way too advanced for the average trainee.
The majority of people who try it will get discouraged quickly.

Your better off getting the LUCKY 13 primer CD first and work on that. When you can get thru it then it's time to step up to the full routine.

I recommend any of Cecchine's stuff.

Wrestling is dominantly anaerobic.

I have read many many times where Tony Ceccine recommends weight training over calisthenics.

I have heard Tony say to do both on different cycles. For example, do weights for 6 weeks, then do bodyweight 6 weeks. There's no question strength is important, but you get conditioning from cardio and other stuff like what's on Lucky 13. You have to have both. Just my opinion.

You can get conditioning from wrestling, "cardio" is a misnomer in reference to grappling. You need muscular strength, power and muscular endurance for wrestling, not cardio. Cardio is for joggers. I think Tony Checcine's 'Routine' is better for grappling than Lucky 13.

I have trained with people that have good "cardio", such as marathon runners and they couldn't last a minute on the mat because they lacked strength, power, and muscular endurance.