Luke Thomas has unforgivable disdain for Vox Media (video)

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. Should be good.

1 Like

Who gives a shit what that stupid yankee fuck has to say?

12 Likes

I think Luke is super arrogant but I also think Vox is scum.

6 Likes

Agree about Luke, and I’ve only seen a handful of his videos.

2 Likes

Luke just rubs people the wrong way, even moreso than Ariel does. From what I heard behind the scenes at mmafighting, Luke would constantly piss off fighters, to the point where they had trouble getting him guests once Ariel left and Luke took over the mma hour.

3 Likes

It’s odd, because in neither of the videos I saw of him was he doing anything in particular. He even had good points, but there was something about him that made me not want to continue watching his videos.

3 Likes

I use to listen to his post fight shows, some podcasts, I think Brian Campbell is awesome, but I stopped watching it during Covid. Luke would go on long political rants. I tune into sports talk to get away from that. Plus so many fighters have started podcasts in the past few years, there’s so much to listen to.

3 Likes

I enjoyed his “philosophical” views on MMA but the last couple of years he has really changed, even before Covid he became super negative and was always shitting on MMA.

1 Like

When he was there he exemplified everything wrong with Vox Media

3 Likes

It’s probably because Luke asks REAL questions, not generic stupid ones. However, he doesn’t have a personality like Ariel who is popular and cares what people think of him. Luke would often complain that he doesn’t like the general idea of what an interview usually is because it’s so shallow and boring. Luke will be respectful with fighters but not buddy-buddy. And I think that’s the way he likes it. Personally I think his interviews are great but I imagine he wanted to ask things that Vox didn’t want him to, and he didn’t get enough viewers to get away with it.

4 Likes

“IT SAYS HERE IN 2007 YOU WANTED TO FIGHT WANDERLEI SILVA. UH, DO YOU THINK HE WOULD HAVE VOTED FOR GEORGE BUSH IF HE WAS AMERICAN!!!111”

Nah he was a typical vox media garbage piece of shit.

4 Likes

I like Luke thomas. Have watched him for years. He is a thoroughly decent guy.

3 Likes

Yeah you never watched Luke Thomas, you have no idea what you’re talking about. He would never ask a retarded question like that and in fact, he would scoff at the very idea.

I like Luke, but he’s a pretty smug motherfucker so I get why people wouldn’t.

5 Likes

Listen to him from time to time and I think he gives some good industry insight and fight analysis. But I get why he pisses people off, making definitive claims on subjects open to different interpretations.

I have also heard him say geographical imposition instead of cage control, which is unintentionally hilarious.

1 Like

I’d rather listen to that jackass Stephen A Smith

5 Likes

I know what you mean. I used to watch Thomas on Mma beat and then morning Combat but he became insufferable for multiple reasons . He knows his mma but damn I just can’t listen to him anymore. I gave him one last chance a few months back and he threw a pissy fit at Brian(?) on the show and I just turned it off lol

Mma needs a standout media guy. Ariel is ok but doesn’t fit the image of what I have in mind

2 Likes

He has decent breakdowns for a media guy, but he projects he’s some BJJ expert, and he can never be wrong… from what I’ve read he only took BJJ classes for a short period of time

Great post. It’s not just his arrogance and political stuff that ruined his show, but it’s that he has seemed to get more angry and bitter over the years. I guess when he got his own show with control he was able to voice his true feelings. Sometimes he would be so depressed talking about MMA/UFC you wonder why he still covers it

3 Likes