Luke Thomas - MMA Fighting.

Sometimes he gets too "passionate" about certain topics but other than that i think he's a pretty good journalist. Not a lot of patience though

I really like Luke a lot.  I loved it when they had him on MMA Uncensored.

People hate him, he goes over most peoples heads but he's very real and unbiased. He's the second best media we have in MMA next to Helwani.

On another note, Karyn Bryant is horrible, how did she get her job? I mean...wow.

Kind of comes off as a jerk on his twitter, his articles are alright though. Phone Post

Let's just put it this way. In a world where MMA's "#1 journalist" Ariel Helwani can be found on Twitter trying to convince fans not to sell their UFC 161 tickets, Luke Thomas is a breath of fresh air. Real opinions, no bullshit, no bias. That's all I ask for.

JustPeed - 

Kind of comes off as a jerk on his twitter, his articles are alright though. Phone Post

He's a bit snide but that isn't the worst thing in the world.

One of the few I listen to. Genuine intelligence, insight and journalism in an arena that can be severely lacking in those ideas... Phone Post 3.0

caposa - 

Let's just put it this way. In a world where MMA's "#1 journalist" Ariel Helwani can be found on Twitter trying to convince fans not to sell their UFC 161 tickets, Luke Thomas is a breath of fresh air. Real opinions, no bullshit, no bias. That's all I ask for.

THIS

nobones - Outlaw'd by lytle - Well in the beginning he was not very successful and had some personal problems. I think his mother commited suicide or something I vaguely remember hearing him talk about it on his old Sunday night radio show here in DC. He really wanted to get MMA to grow in DC but was frustrated by lack of mainstream media coverage. There are probably other reasons but I get it is just in his nature to wear his emotions on his sleeve. Phone Post
Thanks dude, I really appreciate your contribution to the thread. Will VTFU when my vote renews. Phone Post 3.0

willienugget -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
nobones - It is partially because he is serious partially because he is insecure. He used to hate on Ariel Helwani big time and really just out of envy.

He is a good journalist for the most part though. Especially considering he has no journalism background he was a philosophy major in college.

But charismatic...nah he is not that. Phone Post
If he is genuinely insecure I wonder what the cause is?

He used to be a Marine did he not? I'm not saying that makes him immune from being insecure just makes me question it.

Maybe he had a hard time during his time as a Marine?

Him and Ariel seem cool now, guess they squashed their beef. Phone Post 3.0

You don't know many Marines do you?
No I don't, is there a point you're trying to make? Phone Post 3.0

caposa - 

I like Luke but no bias?

If there is a story, a huge story that is terribly negative about the UFC/Dana do you think Ariel is gonna just go off on them? Ether the shit out of them? Hell no he wouldnt.

If that same story was about Bellator is Luke Thomas gonna ether them? No, he wouldnt.

With that said I like both Ariel and Luke, I enjoy Luke's live chats on Weds.

Chris27 -
caposa - 

I like Luke but no bias?

If there is a story, a huge story that is terribly negative about the UFC/Dana do you think Ariel is gonna just go off on them? Ether the shit out of them? Hell no he wouldnt.

If that same story was about Bellator is Luke Thomas gonna ether them? No, he wouldnt.

What's this 'ether' you talk of? Phone Post 3.0

caposa - 

Thank you. Most of the hate Luke gets is because he is very outspoken and not afraid to voice his opinions, no matter how unpopular they may be. He breaks the mould when it comes to MMA "journalism" and I love his Live Q+A sessions and when he appears on The MMA Beat.

Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
Chris27 -
caposa - 

I like Luke but no bias?

He is talking about a famous rap song called ether that was very destructive for the rapper being dissed. He is saying that Ariel isn't going to try to destroy the UFC.

Chris27 - 
caposa - 

<br />
I like Luke but no bias?<br />
<br />
If there is a story, a huge story that is terribly negative about the UFC/Dana do you think Ariel is gonna just go off on them? Ether the shit out of them? Hell no he wouldnt.<br />
<br />
If that same story was about Bellator is Luke Thomas gonna ether them? No, he wouldnt.<br />
<br />
With that said I like both Ariel and Luke, I enjoy Luke's live chats on Weds.</blockquote>

He admittedly works (worked?) for Spike, but I have never seen that get in the way of him giving a rational opinion on a subject regarding to Bellator. You can find plenty of articles by him critiquing them actually. And I certainly haven't noticed any particular bias against the UFC by him.

Can the same be said for Helwani? He has been putting Bellator down from the start with his show. Every time a Bellator fighter would come on the first question asked would be "When are you coming to the UFC?" Also, nearly every interview with a Bellator fighter is filled with negative questions regarding the organization. You rarely hear positive things coming out of his mouth about Bellator.

Even before the whole Alvarez thing, whenever Rebney was on the show, nothing but negative questions. Always trying to paint them in a bad light to his viewers/listeners.

nobones -  caposa - No bias? Ever hear him talk about the pro wrestling influence on mma? Or read his earlier pieces about the impact of Brock Lesnar? He is smart and his pieces are thoughtful and usually well written but we can't say he has no bias he has some pretty extreme biases. But he does maintain a better degree of journalistic integrity than most MMA Media. But he is still a arrogant dude that turns people off on the reg. Phone Post

I was more talking about being biased towards another MMA promotion. Not being a big fan myself, I'm sure I really won't disagree with him when it comes to his thoughts on pro-wrestling/MMA. Have any links though?

Augustus Caesar -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
Chris27 -
caposa - 

I like Luke but no bias?

He is talking about a famous rap song called ether that was very destructive for the rapper being dissed. He is saying that Ariel isn't going to try to destroy the UFC.

Thanks for clarifying. Phone Post 3.0

I like him. Listen to his chat wrap every week. Phone Post 3.0

I like him but I can understand why some people might not.

He is cynical at times but it's not a forced, posturing cynicism to try and look cool, like Tomas Rios who used to write for Sherdog.

I like Luke and his live chats but it seems like he was the kid in class that would try to make fun of you if you didn't agree with him Phone Post