Lump under ear

There is a small moveable lump located under my right ear between my jaw and neck. It is possible there may also be another one located directly behind it, although that might be my imagination.

Cause for concern obviously, but I know its been there for at least 6 years (possibly much longer). However, I have a sudden compulsion to get it checked out to make sure Im not in any danger.

Is it worth seeking further diagnosis on the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Submandibular lymph node, no worry if stays the same size

ya I have one too... kinda worried me at first but I got it checked and it was whatever cool word Howard said.

Cheers guys. I thought it might be something to do with the lymphatic system.

It dosn't feel like its attached to anything. Is it supposed to be like that?

Also, its been there for about 6 years. Is it going to be there until the day I die?

It is normal, they can sometimes get enlarged after an infection and stay that way. Danger signs: feels attached, growing painlessly,weight loss: If it feels loose it is ok

I have one behind my ear and under my chin. They get bigger if you play with it, so stop.

I still have them, but antibiotics did make them shrink almost completely. Now that I look back on it, I can't believe my stupid doctor put me on months of antibiotics for this non-problem. They just came right back months later.

Antibiotics are so overused that I cannot stand it anymore!