Lunk alarm went off on me

First time this ever happened and I was pretty surprised. I was lifting heavy on the bench press so I was grunting apparently to much. I usually go to planet fitness early in the mourning or at night never had a problem guess I was to intense for the afternoon crowd lol. Now I see why people complain about planet fitness so much. Phone Post 3.0

Congrats now go to a real gym

So fucking stupid. Phone Post 3.0

What is that? I don't even lift bro Phone Post 3.0

Did u roid out on them? Phone Post 3.0

Hilarious, it's gone off on me it's super sensitive occasionally. Phone Post 3.0

So an employee hears you grunting then goes and pulls the lunk alarm? Phone Post 3.0

How does that thing work? It doesn't actually use sensors or something does it? It's just manually operated by whatever hater staff member is behind the counter gettin jelly over your sick gainz, brah - yes?

I guess I would go there, if I had to.

the fuck is a lunk alarm?

onyx2002 - Congrats now go to a real gym
Seriously Phone Post 3.0

iclimb513 - How does that thing work? It doesn't actually use sensors or something does it? It's just manually operated by whatever hater staff member is behind the counter gettin jelly over your sick gainz, brah - yes?
Yup. lol. Phone Post 3.0

iclimb513 - How does that thing work? It doesn't actually use sensors or something does it? It's just manually operated by whatever hater staff member is behind the counter gettin jelly over your sick gainz, brah - yes?
It measures decibels, most planet fitness workers spend all day hanging out with each other and don't give a shit about the thing. Phone Post 3.0

McBottery - 

We need answers.

McBottery - 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Lunk%20Alarm

Something made up by the insecure people who run Planet Fitness (Planet Fatness) gyms. They set it off when anyone remotely dedicated to training is in the area. They claim to be a "judgement-free" gym, yet ironically they won't even let those who they deem "lunks" into their facility. The people don't want to "be intimidated" by fit gym goers, yet the only thing intimidating them is their own insecurities.

Planet Fatness Worker: He looks like he might actually be strong and dedicated to his training...what a lunk! Set off the lunk alarm!

DaveFu -
McBottery - 

Something made up by the insecure people who run Planet Fitness (Planet Fatness) gyms. They set it off when anyone remotely dedicated to training is in the area. They claim to be a "judgement-free" gym, yet ironically they won't even let those who they deem "lunks" into their facility. The people don't want to "be intimidated" by fit gym goers, yet the only thing intimidating them is their own insecurities.

Planet Fatness Worker: He looks like he might actually be strong and dedicated to his training...what a lunk! Set off the lunk alarm!

I'm still confused. Is it a safety thing that takes the weight away?

Explain it like I'm five. And don't know how to use Google. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_EnderTL -
DaveFu -
McBottery - 

YouTube it Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_EnderTL - 
DaveFu -
McBottery - 

If you grunt while working out or drop the weights they sound an actual alarm (loud alert, spinning light) to indicate that you are a "Lunk" and that your own workout is intimidating/disturbing the other members of the gym.  Essentially all you can do is ride bikes, walk on  treadmills, and do yoga.  If you attempt to actually work out, they kick you out.

Yes, a "fitness gym" kicks you out for trying to get fit.

It is a shaming alarm. It doesn't do anything but make a loud noise and tries to make the person actually straining themselves to stop and feel guilty for making the people walking 3 mph on the treadmills feel lazy.

Holy fuck. Is it seriously like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXP6WaVTJpM