Lyoto talks about GSP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6XvoTwmqnE

"my karate is machida karate"

lol he should just say his original style is Shotokan

ttt

hubris - "my karate is machida karate"

Yeah, but he transformed Shotokan into his own MMA adapted style very much like what the Gracies did to Japanese Jiu-Jitsu

JT42382 - Yeah, but he transformed Shotokan into his own MMA adapted style very much like what the Gracies did to Japanese Jiu-Jitsu

yeah but if they're discussing karate styles, then it's kyokushin vs shotokan, two totally different styles

GSP is more a wrestler these days anyway

hubris - 
JT42382 - Yeah, but he transformed Shotokan into his own MMA adapted style very much like what the Gracies did to Japanese Jiu-Jitsu

yeah but if they're discussing karate styles, then it's kyokushin vs shotokan, two totally different styles

GSP is more a wrestler these days anyway

OIC where you're coming from. Absolutely, in that sense he should've stated Shotokan. I guess it's just another instance of a martial artist displaying their pride in their disciplines.

lol that is great.

"his karate...eh...its okay"

He's picking up on English very quickly.

mushashi is correct

GSP is clearly much better at wrestling than at Karate.

Musashi - Machida is the best P4P fighter in the world.

+1

Fedor, GSP, Lyoto Machida and Anderson Silva are all great "pound for pound" fighters.

I see no point in ranking them.

I think if GSP has a year to bulk up, a fight against Anderson would become very compelling, but it would basically require him to forfeit the WW title, or something similar. Retire it? Put it on hold for a year?

Fedor vs Lyoto. Damn,I could see Lyoto winning on points, but 5 rounds is a long time to be in the ring with Fedor! Sadly, these fights are very unlikely to happen.

Fedor fights either anderson or lyoto and he gets cut up fargo style.  The guy bleeds when you graze him.  The two most ACCURATE STRIKERS EVER would end him via first round cut stoppage.

GSP will take down Silva at will when they fight and Silva isnt as good as thiago as scrambling up

GSP vs silva is extremely compelling.  Especially if silva doesn't come in 100% to destroy.

If travis lutter can mount him, GSP will rape him like he dropped the soap

hubris - "my karate is machida karate"

that would be like Anderson saying his original style is TKD.

Also its clear Eddie Soares want noon of that fight...

He keep saying Silva want big drawing fight and now hes looking like this one isnt worthy? yeah right GSP would make Silva look bad. It would look like the Thales fight but GSP would actually win by taking Silva down rounds after round

exactly.  Soares has no problem letting anderson move up in weight to fight forrest (which is a fight for the fans...a waste of time)

But he think it would be a "bad fight for GSP"

protect your boy!

no, it's because it's always a losing situation for a champion to face someone in a lower weight division

if he loses, he devalues himself in his own division, and his own division's title

but if he wins, he only beat a smaller fighter, and gets no credit in his own division