M-1 Co-Promotion

I'm not hating. I'm not trying to talk shish. I'm genuinely curious about this.

Now that Strikeforce is behind us and the co-promotion with M-1 has taken place, what exactly does/did M-1 do? Does anybody know? Did they make this event any better in any way?

How would last nights M-1 event have been any different without M-1 as credited co-promoter? I know they plastered their logo on everything, but really what value to the event does that add?

The Messiah - they steal money is all.

Well, it seems very easy to call them a joke and an extra unneeded entity. But they must have done something, right?

they provided the best fighter in history

"Did they make this event any better?"

Yes. They brought Fedor and Mousasi.

Prepare2Die - I'm not hating. I'm not trying to talk shish. I'm genuinely curious about this.

Now that Strikeforce is behind us and the co-promotion with M-1 has taken place, what exactly does/did M-1 do? Does anybody know? Did they make this event any better in any way?

How would last nights M-1 event have been any different without M-1 as credited co-promoter? I know they plastered their logo on everything, but really what value to the event does that add?
Whatever they did , the UFC is apparently scared of it.

blue63 - M-1 has TV deals in over 20 countries.

Strikeforce has TV deals in 3 countries.

1. Scott Coker himself could easily negotiate those same deals, we are not talking brain surgery, particularly when you consider Coker is 100x a more credible and intelligent businessman compared to Vadim & Co.

2.CBS/Viacom/Showtime have shitloads of existing relationships and carriage agreements in place around the world. Those that they don't have, they can set up in no time at all. M-1 brings absolutely NOTHING of additonal value in that regard.

3. They bring Fedor and Mousasi, Period. M-1 otherwise delivers zero value to anyone outside of this, other than lining Vadim's pockets.

blue63 - LOL @ claiming that offering televised outlets and promotion in multiple countries worldwide is of zero value

Keep blindly believing every bit of bullshit that Dana white feeds down your blatantly naive throat.

Did they in actuality do this? If so, I wonder what sort of viewership they added. For example, you say Stikeforce has deals in 3 countries vs. M-1 being in 20. However, its possible that a single Stikefoce TV deal delivers millions of more viewers (and viewers in stronger markets) than a combined viewership that the 20 deals that M-1 hold pulls.

arclight - 

1. Scott Coker himself could easily negotiate those same deals, we are not talking brain surgery, particularly when you consider Coker is 100x a more credible and intelligent businessman compared to Vadim & Co.

2.CBS/Viacom/Showtime have shitloads of existing relationships and carriage agreements in place around the world. Those that they don't have, they can set up in no time at all. M-1 brings absolutely NOTHING of additonal value in that regard.

Obviously your raw hatred of M-1 is influencing your judgement. The international deals M-1 possess have been cultivated over a period of years, Strikeforce can't just replicate that overnight. Considering part of Fedor's incentive package includes moneys from TV distribution by M-1, I'd say it is a pretty important part of the picture.

"Obviously your raw hatred of M-1 is influencing your judgement." "The international deals M-1 possess have been cultivated over a period of years"

Smoogy, seriously, you are off the reservation on this.

First off, M-1's involvement, period, adds value to Vadim and by minimally trickle down extension, Fedor. Scott Coker's end and CBS/Viacom's end requires zero international viewership to justify continued carriage and copromotion of the event by CBS - domestic viewership and ad buys in the US is what determines this. That is what makes or breaks this venture, NOT INTERNATIONAL VIEWERSHIP. So right out of the gate, your trying to imply that any international carriage deals M-1 has, actually are something that is of needed value by Coker or CBS is completely false.

Second, Occam's razor rips you apart. Vadim Finkelstein and the co-promotion machine that no financial analyst can accurately put a value on because it literally has no true fixed assets or standalone market value(much like a criminal money laundering enterprise, go figure), known as M-1, somehow have negotiated powerhouse deals that no one else can negotiate?

Please. Before we even bring CBS into the discussion, I mentioned before on a different thread that if Coker himself wanted to hammer out carriage agreements it could be done, and far more easily than Vadim could do it because Scott has a real product with a track record, demonstrable market value and viewership, and so on.

But let's say time is of the essence. Fine. Do you even know the nature of the broadcast industry? I'll ask a rhetorical - do you honestly believe that Vadim and M-1 have some otherworldly deals? With networks that are unknown to CBS and Showtime? You do know that CBS/Showtime have existing agreements with a number of major broadcasters around the world right? And that they have plenty of experience in negotiating carriage agreements if they need them?

So if you need to say I am influenced by hatred of M-1, go right ahead. It's no one's fault you are off base on the topic, and for whatever inexplicable reason are invested in cheerleading M-1's fraudulent "value" (other than bringing Fedor) straight over the cliff of reality.

the fight aired live on tv here in Finland thanks to m1, im not hating. We don't even get ufcs here afaik.
not that i have a tv or need it to watch mma live, but anyway.

arclight - 

3. They bring Fedor and Mousasi, Period. M-1 otherwise delivers zero value to anyone outside of this, other than lining Vadim's pockets.

1. That has not been the case.  Strikeforce has always been shown on a 6 month or more tape delay on UK tv on a shitty extreme sports channel.  M-1 got this event on a next day tape delay on the same channel that used to do next day broadcasts of UFC over here, as they did for Affliction.  That channel has the best ratings for MMA on UK TV, it singlehnadedly made UFC popular here, like SPike did for UFC in the US.

2.  Again maybe they could but they have never done it in the past.

3. Not true, they bring a decent feeder system, have a hold over a lot of the up and coming Russian and European talent, not to mention the TV deals they have brought to the table in countries that had no access to Strikeforce, they got the fight shown on Russian netwrok television.  They have also been doing small to mid level shows and builidng a fanbase in Eastern Europe and Russia for years.

End of the day Fedor is part of the company and things work out well for us, what is the problem?