M-1 presents a ring/cage hybrid - RAGE! (pic)

Vadim Finkelfstein has just demonstrated in St. Petersburg, Russia, his sensational invention for M-1 events. This halfring/halfoctagon beauty is called RAGE!

PRIDE...

NorthernIrishZombie - 

PRIDE...

In Pride they didn't have a cage below

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 

That is...perfect, actually Phone Post

yep.

This actually has all the benefits of both without the drawbacks, fully support this Phone Post

shallowkal - 

This actually has all the benefits of both without the drawbacks, fully support this Phone Post

Agreed %100

This is excellent actually... Phone Post

When are the first set of fights debuting using this? Phone Post

this will be so awesome

Oh shit, cage net. What is the top of the cage part made out of? Is it hard or does it give? I remember back in the day KOTC had pipes and shit on the other side of the cage and Joe Stevenson used to drag guys over and smash them against the pipes.

ec - 

When are the first set of fights debuting using this? Phone Post

April 9, M-1 Challenge 38 + HW Grand Prix quarterfinals, St. Petersburg

IFL was gonna try something like this. Phone Post

cortXbomb - Oh shit, cage net. What is the top of the cage part made out of? Is it hard or does it give? I remember back in the day KOTC had pipes and shit on the other side of the cage and Joe Stevenson used to drag guys over and smash them against the pipes.

Nah, its soft enough

Someone is going to end up with a seriously injured back or neck from a takedown onto that cage.

Cage at the bottom is a good idea. I have reffed a fair amount in an 8-sided ring, and regular rings, and a cage is way safer and easier.

^

but the ring is better... 

shallowkal - 

Guys can still get caught up in the ropes and possibly pushed through partially.

Crowbar - 

Cage below man. cage below...

Won't people still get tangled when up against the ropes/in a clinch? That is the biggest drawback to ropes IMO. I feel like the cage should extend 1 rope higher.