M1: Fedor's SF future likely determined today

Why doesn't Fedor actually fight on an M-1 show??? Supposedly they draw decent crowds and wouldn't that boost M-1's profile on the European scene and also their legitimacy as a promoter or are they simply interested in the money from US promoters.

It can't be that hard to fly Josh Barnett into Russia, where he won't have to pass a piss test. M-1 wants to establish their brand, well what are they waiting for?

My heart is in my throat every time I watch a Fedor fight. There is no other fighter that is exciting to watch as Fedor...period.

The agony that is M-1. Hardcore fans are the ones who lose in this situation. Fedor is a fighter. Sign his ass up to fight, you damn M-1 vultures, and stop trying to squeeze every last drop of blood from this promotion.

I only care who Fedor's opponent is, if he is marketed as the best pound for pound fighter in the world. If they insist on calling him the best, then he needs to come to the UFC and prove it or they need to stfu about that shit.

If he is marketed as just another fighter, then who cares who his opponent is on some tiny little irrelevant org like Strikeforce or M-1. He can just fight cans for all I care and I'll download it and watch it for entertainment purposes.

You sound upset. Maybe you should try some deep breathing exercises.

I made money on Cain, that was a good night for me. :)

4 fights in 3 years. How is that considered good management? Screw M-1. Thank god for affliction or it probably would have been 2.

Delete: Forums are going wacky.

GodSaveTheQueen - 
DomenicVelluso - 
GodSaveTheQueen - Too long. Ain't got time to read all that about a guy who could have been something special but threw it all away because he's a crazy Russian.

says the dude who started whatching mma during the ninth season of tuf (usa vs englang)

stfu, you know nothing.

What makes you think I started watching MMA that recently? FYI, I was watching MMA when you were in your father's nutsack. I was watching back when they used to show Pancrase fights on Bravo in the UK.

You're as bad of a liar as you are a troll.

2JupitersTooMany - "I think fans just want to see Fedor fight and don't necessarily care who the opponent is," Finkelchtein told MMAjunkie.com

lulz

Ie, Hong Man Choi, Middleweights, Hunt, Zulu, etc etc.

Fedor has beat alot of top guys, but for the "Baddest Man on the Planet" he sure has fought alot of cans. More so than any other top fighter.

brahmabull81 - 
EvilMaster - I only care who Fedor's opponent is, if he is marketed as the best pound for pound fighter in the world. If they insist on calling him the best, then he needs to come to the UFC and prove it or they need to stfu about that shit.

If he is marketed as just another fighter, then who cares who his opponent is on some tiny little irrelevant org like Strikeforce or M-1. He can just fight cans for all I care and I'll download it and watch it for entertainment purposes.

Cheese is a good fit you fucking rat bastard.

LOL @ you saying the same shit all the time.

BROCK IS THE BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET THAT DOESNT LIKE GETTING HIT IN THE FACE!! I bet you felt like you had egg on your face when daddy Dana's self professed soon to be GOAT (before the GOAT got railroaded by Cain) got exposed as yet another hype machine.

Fedor definitely needs to come to and prove himself to a division that collectively BARELY has more fights than he does!!

It would be AWESOME to see Fedor in the UFC, but Fedor made his claim as the greatest BEFORE the UFC was the Be-all-end-all org out there and if he never goes there it wont EVER take away from what has already been done. Hes on the downside of his career and is slowly making his way out of the sport. His relevancy will continue to drop but it will never take away what hes accomplished. Better than seeing him get destroyed by killers like Chuck ended up going through at the tailend of his career, i guess. Whatever Fedor wants to do, is cool, but i dont think hes going to be that active anymore.

His career could very well end up ending like Chuck's, if he actually fights top guys. Im sure M-1 will make sure that doesnt happen though.

We all just want to see the guy fight!!! But we also want them to be interesting match-ups, match ups that are intriguing and that mean something. In saying that, I dont think theyre going to set up fights against anyone else other than the best Strikeforce has to offer. I just hope that M1 and their bullshit doesnt retire a fighter way earlier than he should be!

You have to admit that's pretty funny.

They won't allow Fedor to sign with the UFC per say, because they want (and Fedor wants, supposedly) to co-promote and help build up M-1.  Okay,  guess that sort of makes sense in a wacky Russian type of way. 

But then, they can't have him fight for M-1 directly, because they can't afford to pay him....

Wait a second, I thought he only cared about building up the brand of M-1, isn't that why they wouldn't sign with the UFC?  If Fedor is locked in long term with the interests of M-1, how is fighting for them, for little to no money, a bad thing.  You want to grow the brand world wild, well fight under the banner and get it some exposure world wide.  Funny, for trying to build your promotion, you don't bother to use the biggest tool at your disposal?

Besides I didn't think Fedor cared about the money. 

MMAsurvival -  It can't be that hard to fly Josh Barnett into Russia, where he won't have to pass a piss test.

They still have a piss test in Russia, except in Russia they only piss for distance and accuracy , not to test for PED's.

I'd love to hear what it was Vadim promised or said to him after Pride to make Fedor sign with that shitty promotion.  Granted they might have somewhat of a name for themselves in Europe/Russia/whatever, but here we are, years later, and it's still a joke. 

Really done wonders for his career hasn't it

^Fedor doesnt seem to be unhappy about it.

Yeah because we can all tell how Fedor is feeling

Italians Copy Greeks -  Doesn't Fedor have an ownership stake in M-1? That would make it worthwhile. Being part owner of a promotion > being a coach on TUF

So if you're part owner, wouldn't you want to fight for YOUR promotion, get it some exposure, and help it grow, thus, making more money?

16 days later, any progress?

DamnSevern -  16 days later, any progress?

At first I thought he wasn't going anywhere, then I realized he's actually setting the rotation of the planet with his aura.

In that gif he isn't running on the spot. It's just that his every stride spins the planet a full 360 degrees. Phone Post