Mabuhay ang Mandirigmang Pilipino

FILIPINO world superbantamweight champion Manny Pacquiao on Sunday thrashed the world's finest featherweight pug Marco Antonio Barrera with a lethal string of hooks in the 11th round to win the People's Featherweight Championship via a technical knockout in San Antonio, Texas.

The win was heralded as the Pacquiao's best-ever as he entered the ring as a featherweight for only the second time.

Bloodied and weary entering the latter rounds, Barrera appeared no longer capable of taking Pacquiao's thunderous punches as his corner threw in the towel to stop the fight in the 11th.

In a television interview after the fight, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo said Pacquiao's victory serves as a triumph for the nation as he noted the southpaw's "many honors" he has given the country

MABUHAY ANG MANDIRIGMANG PILIPINO!!!

PROUD TO BE PINOY!!!

This is a big win for Pinoy recognition all over the globe. CONGRATS TO MANNY AND THANKS FOR HELPING PUT FILIPINOS ON THE MAP!

If my Grandfather was still alive, he'd be happy as shit!

I was so FULL of pinoy pride today!! I went to train, and just let my hands go BAP BAP BAP BAP BAP!!

Sobrang galing na manuntok!!

Manny! Manny! Manny!!

Yeah, I was pumped to see this fight! There hasn't been a Filipino on top of the world in Boxing for a while.

Good for you guys! Pacquia is exciting to watch. Who's next? Hamed? Go up to fight Morales (or Morales goes down?)...

up with little brown people!

Westerners call us Filipinos FLIP.

F.L.I.P. stands for:

Funny Little Island People

haha. Very true. =)

Hmmm, I never knew that. Always thought it was short for filipino.

Kai, my lolo would've been happy too but he was more of a pro wrestling fan.

I read an article this summer Pacquiao ala Bruce Lee is also a dancer.

That fight was a thing of beauty : technique, determination and heart...up with the Filipinos...

lew

(who is not Filipino, but loves the FMA and the Filipino people i've met...)

Link re: Philipino boxing history http://ejmas.com/jcs/jcsart_svinth_0701.htm

For those who missed the fight, replay is on HBO2 tonight(11/17) at 11 est/10 cst. My VCR will be set thank you.

Gotta love those HBO replays! That's how I caught the Mayweather/N'Dou fight a couple weeks ago.

MABUHAY!!

FLIP may have stood for the first filipino's met.

But the current generation of Pinoy's in my family are around 5 foot 10. I'm 6 foot myself, my son is 9 and at 100lbs.

The size differences are starting to diminish. My son was born in the United States, myself, in the P.I.

Irregardless, Mabuhay Ang Pilipinas and Manny!

Did you know the crime rates dropped in the Philippines when Manny was fighting?! That is crazy!

anywhere on the net with it?