MacBook Pro Down.. We have a MacBook Pro down.

My MacBook (bought it in July) will not come on this morning.. It plays a three beep sequence repeatedly. Anyone ever experience this? Did it work out for you? I have an appointment at the apple store, but I have lots of homework and lots of stuff saved only there and I am freaking out. Phone Post 3.0

backup your shit.

A lot of it is in some form or another, but I was working on a lot of it last night. My notes however are only there... And lecture recordings. FUCK THIS SUCKS. Phone Post 3.0

Pffft. Maybe you should have gone with a PC as its a more stable operating system.

Phone Post 3.0

Nitecrawler - Pffft. Maybe you should have gone with a PC as its a more stable operating system.

Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0

my friends macbook pro crapped out

they said he just needed a new hd

Anomandaris - Or it could be a RAM issue. Shut it down. When off hold command, option, P, R and turn it on.

Let go when you hear the Apple start up tone for a 2nd time. Phone Post 3.0
Already tried that. Phone Post 3.0

Nitecrawler - Pffft. Maybe you should have gone with a PC as its a more stable operating system.

Phone Post 3.0
That took longer than expected. Phone Post 3.0

Anomandaris - We'll good news is, it's covered. Bring it in. They will probably just move the data to a new machine free of charge. Phone Post 3.0
I have an appointment in an hour. Does apple employ someone to cuddle with you, stroke your hair, and whisper everything thing is going to be all right sweetly in your ear while the look at it? If not, any of you available to go with? Phone Post 3.0

Delete your system32 file Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Blake -
Anomandaris - We'll good news is, it's covered. Bring it in. They will probably just move the data to a new machine free of charge. Phone Post 3.0
I have an appointment in an hour. Does apple employ someone to cuddle with you, stroke your hair, and whisper everything thing is going to be all right sweetly in your ear while the look at it? If not, any of you available to go with? Phone Post 3.0
So will they give me one of the NEW ones.. Or the same one I have? Phone Post 3.0

3rdLion - Delete your system32 file Phone Post 3.0

Erm there is no system 32 file on a mac Phone Post

Reading threads like this let me know I am a tech retard Phone Post 3.0

Anomandaris -
UGCTT_Blake - 
UGCTT_Blake -
So will they give me one of the NEW ones.. Or the same one I have? Phone Post 3.0

I had my HDD fail on mine.  They had refreshed them about 3 months later from the time I had bought mine.  They told me to grab lunch and come back, that they would copy my data exactly to a new machine (brand new, the refreshed version).  They also threw in one year free One to One.  I never used it but it was cool fo them to do that.

So yeah, just call the local Apple Store and go in.

I am sitting at a restaurant across from the apple store waiting on my appointment as we speak. You get my daily vote up for talking me down off the ledge.. Don't go spending it all in one place. Phone Post 3.0

Barbasol OOTFFTT - Reading threads like this let me know I am a tech retard Phone Post 3.0
I'm a computer systems engineering major and all I could do was weep.. Phone Post 3.0

Some hipster used his beard magic and fixed it fairly quickly. Now to go relentlessly work on things I should have already been doing. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Blake - Some hipster used his beard magic and fixed it fairly quickly. Now to go relentlessly work on things I should have already been doing. Phone Post 3.0
Did he tell you what was wrong? Phone Post 3.0

sockeye -
UGCTT_Blake - Some hipster used his beard magic and fixed it fairly quickly. Now to go relentlessly work on things I should have already been doing. Phone Post 3.0
Did he tell you what was wrong? Phone Post 3.0

Lol

Like the southpark genioussee Phone Post

He says the ram lost contact (but he didn't seem convinced. He took it to the back, came back said everything looked okay, hooked it up to diagnostic machine, ran a quick scan, everything was fine. Told me to bring it in for a full diagnostic test when I had time. Phone Post 3.0