Mace Windu DID beat Darth Sidious

Fact!

Well......ok I so explain to me why its not? OG. Last time I said this several OGers blew a few brain cells telling that Mace Windu did not win and blah blah blah.

Well now with the release of Star Wars: The Secrets of the Jedi it addresses this fight from Luke's perspective. Well as you know Luke was not even there but he did have a comment on the fight still.

https://youtu.be/KNPC0nTZ5EI

He says "might" have beat Darth S and that is up for debate as to what he ment by that. Did he mean kill him right then and there? Did he mean arrest him? Who knows.

What we do know is George Lucas himself said Mace Windu won that fight fair and square.

Eat it nerds!!!!

WINDU NOTHIN

4 Likes

How do Nace end up dying?

you guys saw that too?!?!?

kungfugrip -

How do Nace end up dying?

Nace? Who's Nace?

I think Windu survived. 

Annie helped take care of him.

Wasn't Mace Windu considered the #1 sword fighter in the jedi? Not surprising that he would best palpatine in a straight up fight, but when the force lightning came out it was all over. Plus it makes sense for him to throw the fight since what he wanted was to turn Anakin.

Windu had to bring 4 other jedis    Kind of pussy move if you're the best ... imho 

The Ghost of REED ROTHCHILD -

Windu had to bring 4 other jedis    Kind of pussy move if you're the best ... imho 

Let's be honest, those other 4 Jedi weren't worth more than tits on a boar.

Still not sure how the first one got killed. Kit fisto went out like a bitch. The other one was straight shit. No wonder the Jedi were doomed, they only had like 5 good dudes. 

Submissable -

Palpatine let him get the best of him in order to turn Anakin.

Nice opinion. Are you George Lucas? oh, ok STFU

Robert Thomas - 
Submissable -

Palpatine let him get the best of him in order to turn Anakin.

Nice opinion. Are you George Lucas? oh, ok STFU

You mean Mr. Midi Chlorians? Lucas isn't infallible even if it is his world. Palpatine had the power of precognition and used it more formidably than any other force power in his arsenal other than maybe deceit/manipulation. He was able to see and plan out the rise to power of Padme and almost everything else on his path to total control. He really didn't show any weakness in his ability to see the future until the last time Luke and Vader faced off. To think he plotted his way to the top other than that one moment where he "played" weak (and in the novels sensed Anakins approach) is too look at it too simply IMO. He was a master planner with precognition. Do you think he had no idea about Vaapad and that Mace would feed off the dark side lightning strikes? I dont. It's just my opinion and I dont take Lucas to be the end all be all of Star Wars considering how many times he has changed things. The Solo/Greedo gun fight was just changed again for Disney+

Eisenberg -

Wasn't Mace Windu considered the #1 sword fighter in the jedi? Not surprising that he would best palpatine in a straight up fight, but when the force lightning came out it was all over. Plus it makes sense for him to throw the fight since what he wanted was to turn Anakin.

Actually based off Mace's style he would want DS to throw lightning at him. Mace's style is all about throwing the dark side of the force back at its user and thats what he did to DS, scaring him. Its Anakin who fucks up the whole ordeal for him.

Master Royale with Cheese

terrible

Darth Maul survived being cut in half and went on training like little Yoda did.  He changed his name though... To Mini Maul

Mace won the lightsaber battle, Palp was going 100% and Mace took him, no way Palp risked getting killed by Mace to get Anakin to flip either

Mace is s nightmare match up for Palpatine, he is the best jedi sword fighter and his style uses both light and dark and can redirect. Palpatine got smoked

Styles make fights

1 Like

Mace also one shotted the best bounty hunter in the galaxy who battled Obi-wan already

Obi-wan probably has the best wins of any Jedi also

liquidrob - Mace won the lightsaber battle, Palp was going 100% and Mace took him, no way Palp risked getting killed by Mace to get Anakin to flip either

Mace is s nightmare match up for Palpatine, he is the best jedi sword fighter and his style uses both light and dark and can redirect. Palpatine got smoked

Styles make fights

I agree he would win a lightsaber battle in time and that like you’re saying with “styles make fights”, Mace is a nightmare if not the perfect oppnonet for Palpatine (I always call him that I notice) but winning wasn’t the plan. It might have gone that way as Luke said if they fought to the end. But that wasn’t what Palpatine was even willing to try. He was planning, based on his precognition, that Anakin was gonna show up (due to his grooming)and “save” him. Resulting in turning Anakin to Darth. 

Hopefully how I wrote that even makes sense in the point I’m making. 

Hell yeah he beat him

I didnt realize this was debatable, windu won the lightsaber fight and palpatine pulled some bitch shit. Sidious would've been dead if not for anakin's interference