Machado Nationals Cash Prizes Black belt Division

From www.bjj.com.au

For the first time ever, we are offering some cash prize-money for the place-getters of the Black Belt division: $1000, $500 & $250 for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place respectively. Just a little bonus to help fund their travel and training - and show our appreciation for what they have achieved. GLOBE INTERNATIONAL is also providing shoes for every PLACE-GETTER IN THE COMPETITION!! And we have a truckload of other great sponsors, who together, are contributing to this years GATHERING, including:

JOLS MARTIAL ARTS SUPPLIES
ATAMA AUSTRALIA
XPLOSIVE FIGHTWEAR
BRITER PRINTING
FFA PAYSMART
MMANEWS.COM.AU
METRIC CLOTHING
VIRTUS GI'S
EUROPANELS
BIO FITNESS

Good to see some of the tournament income going back to support the competitors. Hopefully the others will follow suit. A great step forward by John and the Machado guys. Well done.

:-)

Nice!

Now can someone show this to El Presidente de Been?

An event where some of the money goes back to the competitors, not all to his back pocket ...!

Hopefully the first of many comps to have cash prizes for the Black Belts.

This is fantastic, the Black Belts deserve it after the time they've put in and what a highlight to the day.

So guys who's having a go at the cash?

Nice! Stacey, Troy and I are competing from Sub Factory in Perth, we were competing anyways but some $ will make it more exciting. Might also encourage some of the top Black Belt guys to get on the mat again, very exciting division!!!

Anybody know who has entered?

Liteheavyweight - Anybody know who has entered?

On this forum there are some names: www.mmanews.com.au

Dave Krstic won the Open, from Dave Moore, and Darko Zaric third. Liteweight was won by Dave Hart from Cam Rowe and Michael Johnson 3rd. Some great matches! Congratulations to all of them!

I heard that the late prizemoney didn't up the amount of competitors, and all these guys had entered prior to the $$$ announced???

GBB

Was a great day... Having the senior belts up first was a good idea

Machados always is a great tournament. And this year was no different.

Huge congrats to a very good friend and training partner Big Dave. Was awesome to see him on the mat after so many years away from comp and to win his division with such technical jiu jitsu!

Congrats to Jeremy TaKody on his BB. Dude, great. Enjoy it :-D

G, you said something at the Rigan Seminar yesterday that struck me just after you, me, Big Dave, Cam and the Ape got a pic together. I think you know what it was. Great to be standing there together after all this time.

Dave
DMMA

Good to see so many black belts competing and the return of Big Dave. Awesome!

I had a blast. Looking forward to next year!

Cheers

Stewie

Cheers Dave, yes I do, and yes it is!