Machida: I found the path to beat Jones

Machida was limping after the first round. Jones hurt him with leg kicks.

Mister Joshua - Reminds me of when Tyson was coming up "Oh I made him back up with a punch, I found a way to beat him."

This kind of talk went on of course as he continued demolishing people for 4 years
Exactly. "I found a way to beat him...I just chose not to beat him in this fight because I like drama."

What is it you guys want him to say? Something like "Oh yeah, I admit he's way better than me and I'll never beat him in a million years". 

That's retarded and not how fighters at that level should think. They have to look on the good things they did to keep positive, while working on the mistakes and weaknesses  that led to their loss. Lyoto has the right mentality, IMO. 

You confused a young kid (respectfully) for one round then he choked you unconscious. The next time you face him he'll prolly be in his mid twenties and on his way to being the GOAT. That is the best you'll ever do. one round??

Machida fans, as usual, are deluded.

JBJ won the first round because of control and aggression. Machida had one good hit, and nothing else.

He was retreating, retreating, retreating, only sometimes exploding with a flurry in the hopes that the constant wheeling had thrown off Jones' timing.

Otherwise they both landed the exact same amount of strikes on each other in the first round.

Machida didn't win squat. You guys will hang onto that for forever because you're a bunch of fucking nuthuggers who cannot believe that your krotty dragon got his ass CHOKED OUT while he was standing with the greatest LHW of this current generation of light heavyweights!

Get a clue!

Marco808 - What is it you guys want him to say? Something like "Oh yeah, I admit he's way better than me and I'll never beat him in a million years". 

That's retarded and not how fighters at that level should think. They have to look on the good things they did to keep positive, while working on the mistakes and weaknesses  that led to their loss. Lyoto has the right mentality, IMO. 

How about "Jones was the better fighter that night, I have no excuses and will come back better next time."?

Instead, acting like you figured out how to beat him, but chose not to, but will next time is silly. He's just trying to market his way back into title contention. He's got a LOOOOOONG line ahead of him.

valetudosuperfight - Machida fans, as usual, are deluded.

JBJ won the first round because of control and aggression. Machida had one good hit, and nothing else.

He was retreating, retreating, retreating, only sometimes exploding with a flurry in the hopes that the constant wheeling had thrown off Jones' timing.

Otherwise they both landed the exact same amount of strikes on each other in the first round.

Machida didn't win squat. You guys will hang onto that for forever because you're a bunch of fucking nuthuggers who cannot believe that your krotty dragon got his ass CHOKED OUT while he was standing with the greatest LHW of this current generation of light heavyweights!

Get a clue!
I was rooting for Jones and thought Machida won the first round, but not by much.  My perception might be due to the fact that no one had come close to doing that to Jones in his recent fights. 

some plz post a post fight machida pic

ausgepicht - How about "Jones was the better fighter that night, I have no excuses and will come back better next time."?

Instead, acting like you figured out how to beat him, but chose not to, but will next time is silly. He's just trying to market his way back into title contention. He's got a LOOOOOONG line ahead of him.

Fair enough.

Can't really blame the guy for trying to market his way back into a shot though, given the UFC's history of fasttracking title shots to the biggest shittalkers.

LilBrockonmychest - My issue is with the dildonic posters here talking about a rematch already because he did better than 'insert fighter here.'

Agreed, that's kind of annoying and similar to MMMath in its stupidity.

DIABOLICAL FIST - Lyoto did the best outta everyone who has tried to beat Jones, he had Jones backing up and Jones got rocked in that fight and had to take it to the ground since he was losing the stand up war.

I think Jones' "losing the stand up war" as so many seem to believe, is a bit of a myth. The 1st round was basically a feeling out round for Jones. And yes he did get caught in a bad position once or twice (including the 2nd round), but was never in any real trouble. And don't forget that Jones landed about twice the number of strikes and also knocked Machida down. People seem to forget that.

Marco808 - 
ausgepicht - How about "Jones was the better fighter that night, I have no excuses and will come back better next time."?

Fair enough.

Can't really blame the guy for trying to market his way back into a shot though, given the UFC's history of fasttracking title shots to the biggest shittalkers.
I'm not blaming him for the marketing. He has to do what he feels he has to do. I just prefer the method of getting back on track and putting a string of wins together so that it's OBVIOUS you should get a shot. Not needing to convince anyone.

Regardless, I know it may sound unbelievable to many, but 4-5 fights from now Jones may not even have the belt. It's MMA....crazy shit happens.

ausgepicht - I'm not blaming him for the marketing. He has to do what he feels he has to do. I just prefer the method of getting back on track and putting a string of wins together so that it's OBVIOUS you should get a shot. Not needing to convince anyone.

Regardless, I know it may sound unbelievable to many, but 4-5 fights from now Jones may not even have the belt. It's MMA....crazy shit happens.

Agree with all of this.

It's crazy how fast things change in MMA. You can go from invincible to bum in a heartbeat.

Wow, Machida landed literally one good punch and now he has the path to beat Jones?

How do you guys see Machida fairing at 185? Phone Post

Brian Peppers - People aren't remembering this fight correctly. Machida barely won a close a 10-9 round at BEST. He never had Jones in any semblance of trouble at all. I honestly scored it 10-10.
This.

But I get it now...it's marketing....I hope. If it's not, he revision of how the fight unfolded is out of touch with reality. To describe himself as superior is urine on the brain.

a close round with limited success, follwed by having your forehead opened and finished in a cumpled mess is the key to beating Jon Jones.

unclewang -  a close round with limited success, follwed by having your forehead opened and finished in a cumpled mess is the key to beating Jon Jones.

Well shit I could do that! Phone Post

Everything except the close round with limited success part. Phone Post

I think Machida is the only guy who can beat Jones, unless Jones moves up to heavyweight. I'd like to see a rematch eventually.