Machida, I found the path?!?

AntonioStuckHisNogInMyOrtiz - Lol at just quoting join dates. So when you guys joined you didn't start a thread for years just so people wouldn't notice your join date? Forum is full of tools Phone Post

Lmao!!!! Phone Post

Smurphy -
AntonioStuckHisNogInMyOrtiz - Lol at just quoting join dates. So when you guys joined you didn't start a thread for years just so people wouldn't notice your join date? Forum is full of tools Phone Post

Lmao!!!! Phone Post

Lol this is so true. Phone Post

Smurphy - If you found the path to beat Bones then why did you get put to sleep? One would think with a statement like that, in a past tense context, you won. I like both guys, but to make a statement like that, really lol Phone Post

Did you miss the first round? He had him confused and was landing good shots. Without seeing the cards I would assume all 3 judges gave him the round. All he has to do is stay out of the clinch and that fight would have kept going the same way. Jones wasnt outstriking him and Jones doesn't shoot on his opponents. He would have been lost but Machida lost his discipline

wiggum - It's not at all absurd for Machida to claim he found the path to beating Jones. All he means by it is that he's the first guy to actually do any damage to him. Any fighter going against Jones would be wise to watch and rewatch that first round.

The problem is, nobody is going to out Machida Machida. If Machida could not win that fight using his own style, nobody else will. Rashad Evans and Dan Henderson will not be nearly as "evasive" as Lyoto. They'll best stick to their own styles and hope it works.

If Rash wins, it will be with his transitions from strikes to wrestling and with his power. If Hendo wins, it'll be with a modified "Chael v. Silva" style; that is, close the distance with reckless abandon, impervious to strikes, and do damage on the inside (while Hendo won't be shooting doubles like Chael, he does need to get inside quickly.)

But Machida's point is not a crazy one.

Perfectly stated. ^^^

Another point I would like to add, is that by Machida landing those shots in the first, and looking so good against Bones, it really helps other fighters prepare mentally for the champ. Machida displayed no visible fear or hesitation.. in fact i think he may have gotten a little over confident. But it showed that Bones is human, even if only briefly, and that's gotta stand for something.

That's partially why I think Bonnar almost had an edge when he fought Bones... because the mental block was not there yet. He hadn't seen Shogun or Bader get dismantled so badly. On paper one would think that Rampage would look much better against Bones then Bonnar, but I think the difference was the apprehension. I think if Rampage went out completely confident, with guns blazing, he may have done a little better. 

The rabid Bones fans will deny that Machida ever had a chance, but I would bet every 205'er right now is watching that tape over and over, trying to find a way to use some of what Machida did and improve on it.

He may not have found the path for himself, but he showed that there is a path, and that the guy can be hit.

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -
Smurphy - If you found the path to beat Bones then why did you get put to sleep? One would think with a statement like that, in a past tense context, you won. I like both guys, but to make a statement like that, really lol Phone Post

Did you miss the first round? He had him confused and was landing good shots. Without seeing the cards I would assume all 3 judges gave him the round. All he has to do is stay out of the clinch and that fight would have kept going the same way. Jones wasnt outstriking him and Jones doesn't shoot on his opponents. He would have been lost but Machida lost his discipline

Two judges gave the first round to bones..............Cecil trained. Phone Post