Machida responds to Sonnen

“If Sonnen really wants this fight, I’ll sign it immediately”  "

"In an interview to MMA Fighting, Sonnen said he’d like to move up and fight Machida. And the Brazilian welcomed the bout. “I think that’s great, I’m excited to do that. He’s coming back now, wants to fight, and I really think it’s a good fight for me. If Sonnen really wants this fight, I’ll sign it immediately, no problem at all”, he said.
"

www.tatame.com/2011/07/04/Lyoto-Machida--If-Sonnen-really-wants-this-fight-Ill-sign-it-immediately

i bet chael is already jotting down urine and karate kid jokes.

machida by ko

Machida is better in all areas. Phone Post

Darup -  This would be a really interesting fight.

Despite fighting in a weight class lower Chael actually proably has the size and strength advantage because Machida doesn't really cut weight.

Chael has a clear grappling advantage.

The striking is close lately Machida's style has not been successful and Chael has underrated boxing. Machida has more power.

I would pick Chael he would be able to take Machida down and Machida's JJ isn't that great. It took Anderson 4 1/2 rounds to submit Chael and he has better JJ than Machida, so I doubt Machida would get a sub in 3 rounds. 

Clueless or a troll.

Chael via UD. 

Chael started out as a LHW iirc.

In terms of Chael having a "clear grappling advantage," his advantage is clearly in wrestling not necessarily ground grappling. Chael is always able to get the td, control, GNP. Machida is a BJJ BB but so was Nate and he did well against Anderson for the most part.

The thing is Chael would probably be very challenged to get the td. He would put the pressure on Machida for sure but would be open to counters as well.

Sonnen is so overrated its ridiculous. He needs to start from the bottom up after the shit he put Zuffa through

Chael TKO RD 2 Phone Post

BrutalMedic - 

Despite fighting in a weight class lower Chael actually proably has the size and strength advantage because Machida doesn't really cut weight.

The striking is close lately Machida's style has not been successful and Chael has underrated boxing. Machida has more power.

I would pick Chael he would be able to take Machida down and Machida's JJ isn't that great. It took Anderson 4 1/2 rounds to submit Chael and he has better JJ than Machida, so I doubt Machida would get a sub in 3 rounds. 

Clueless or a troll.

Ok lets be clear, Chael has a clear WRESTLING advantage. This advantage is huge but nullified by Machida's clear BJJ advantage. Machida is vastly superior in every other category and thats why he wants this fight. Back to back KOs of Team Quest alums for Machida would be the outcome.

Machida may have even better takedown defense than Anderson as well. Bad fight for Sonnen.

Chael does not deserve a top guy, he's not a top guy

did someone say lyoto doesn't have a striking advantage?
chael has really good boxing? what does that matter if he's fighting with pillows?

lyoto would kill chael. i'm sure anderson silva wouldn't mind seeing lyoto take care of chael either.

Darup -  T Machida's JJ isn't that great. It took Anderson 4 1/2 rounds to submit Chael and he has better JJ than Machida, so I doubt Machida would get a sub in 3 rounds. 

Machida has definitely better BJJ than Andy.

Lovato

Wasa-B - Chael started out as a LHW iirc.

YES!he was part of the greatest 8 man LHW tourney ever.

jct71 - Machida may have even better takedown defense than Anderson as well. Bad fight for Sonnen.

Lol @ may...

Can't take Machida down if you can't get your hands on him Phone Post

He has TALKED his way into more solid fights off of a very weak resume, I will give him that. Machida would end the hype for good though. Chael sleeps in this one. LOL @ Chael via TKO over anyone, much less Machida.

BrutalMedic -

Clueless or a troll.

100% agree Phone Post

EKPOGI - 
Darup -  T Machida's JJ isn't that great. It took Anderson 4 1/2 rounds to submit Chael and he has better JJ than Machida, so I doubt Machida would get a sub in 3 rounds. 

Machida has definitely better BJJ than Andy.

Lovato

You think? They're both good and I think Anderson wasnt all there vs Chael but aside from the sidechoke on the sub ignroant Sok, when else has Machida displayed great jits? Anderson tapped Lutter.

Against Chael though it would come down to the guard and defending GNP to a sub.

Wasa-B - Chael started out as a LHW iirc.

YES!he was part of the greatest 8 man LHW tourney ever.

WEC? or the Exreme Challenge? Or the one that Babalu won? Was that WEC?