Machida vs Rua - Finally Good Judging!!!!

I want to be the first to make this thread and congratulate the judges for great professionalism in judging a very very difficult fight to judge and more so to judge it correctly on the first try live and in real time.....Hell I had to watch it a 2nd time and in Slo-mo and the reverse button to finally see what they saw the first time.

very few agree but i have been reading a few threads and 1 UG member was ring side and judged it almost the same, I won't name any names that's for him to decide, but he was on my thread and posted as so....he got a near ring side seat and at least noticed it was not this so called robbery all the fans are making it to be.

I am however watching it tonight with and without sound UNBIASED once again...yes I can be UNBIASED unlike most on here.

You know how I know youre a troll...

FightMetric: 49-47 Rua
Yahoo Sports / Cagewriter: 48-47 Rua
BloodyElbow : 48-47 Rua
USAToday: 48-47 Rua, 49-46 Rua
ESPN / Jake Rossen: 49-46 or 48-47 Rua
MMA Fanhouse / Michael David Smith: 48-47 Rua
CagePotato: 49-46 Rua
MMATorch : 48-47 Rua
MMAJunkie : 49-46 or 48-47 Rua
MMAMania : 50-45 Rua
5 Ounces of Pain : Rua (no score given)
Fightlinker : Rua (no score given)
ProMMA.Info: 50-45 Rua
Sherdog:
Jordan Breen -- 48-47 Rua
Brian Knapp -- 48-47 Rua
Mike Fridley -- 50-45 Rua

LiftStrong ...let me guess because someone does not see it your way they are a Troll.....

Well U know How I know your a troll LiftStrong....

your effeminate trolling will be punished by the angry hammer of jesus christ.

Thank you, jjj. YOu can add my name to the Rua list:)

jjj2121 glad to see your letting everyone else tell you who won....I decided to break it down for myself and make my own decision...but then again I have never been a sheep....I listen to others opinions and then form my own....and guess what sometimes that will actually make me the minority...but u know that's alright because sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles :)

Jetster - jjj2121 glad to see your letting everyone else tell you who won....I decided to break it down for myself and make my own decision...but then again I have never been a sheep....I listen to others opinions and then form my own....and guess what sometimes that will actually make me the minority...but u know that's alright because sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles :)

Not letting anyone tell me who won. I think Shogun won the fight, and the overwhelming majority happens to agree with me because they saw the same thing I did. Cecil Peoples agrees with you, take solace in that.

HereWeAre - 
LiftStrong - You know how I know youre a troll...

Because he has a different opinion than you?

Nope, because he has a differing opinion from every unbiased person on this site.

***Please note I lost a large sum of money on this fight and I am overly bitter and jumping to conclusions that everyone here who tries to justify the decision is a troll.

Since you just openly admitted your understanding of MMA is on level with Cecil Peoples I will disregard your dumbass opinion.

Oglaigh Na Eireann thanks for your analysis....but next time could you be a man and log in under your real account :)....

U see Towe made a thread regarding my first post on this fight yesterday and it was a thread mocking me, u know I respected him and thought it was funny actually because he did it under his real account....maybe u want to do the same...

the fight was close, should have been a draw IMO.

Shogun landed more, but in rds 1, 2, 3, and even 4, there wasn't a clear cut winner.

To be honest, it was a shitty fight. Had it not been Machida vs. Shogun those guys would be in jeopardy of getting the boot from the UFC. Titles shouldn't change hands in a point fight. We saw what happened to Forrest when he won a point fight. He got KTFO in his first defense.

It was very close imo. I thought Shogun would get the nod and said so before the decision was announced (but haven't rewatched). Literally everybody at the bar had a shocked look afterward and I have yet to find anybody irl who thinks it was a clean decision.

That being said I'm not emotional about it - close fights can go either way, it's unfortunate but it's been that way for a long time now.

BUT I would like to point out the parallels between this fight and Rampage v Griffen. The fights played out similarly imo except the judging went the other way. The challenger did get the nod in that one.

The one thing both fights do have in common is that the more popular fighter received the decision.

It actually kinda reminded me of Diego's fights vs Karo and Diaz, how did he get both decisions? I understand one or the other but if they were judged by the same criteria shouldn't he have lost one of them?

Not to rock a tin foil hat here but it's getting hard not to think that a fighter's popularity isn't influencing judging...

I respect everyone's opinion here but it seems that if someone comes on here and has taken the time to analyse this fight and differs from Rua has dominated thoery we get insult after insult....that to me in classic Nuthugging!!!

Good post dangerboy12

Monsters Ball I agree that Cecil Peoples is not a great judge...hell i have even been on here and advocated it....but that does not mean if he does judge a good fight that I will forever damn him....

Can U say the same? or once you make an opinion of someone that's it?

jjj2121 - FightMetric: 49-47 Rua
Yahoo Sports / Cagewriter: 48-47 Rua
BloodyElbow : 48-47 Rua
USAToday: 48-47 Rua, 49-46 Rua
ESPN / Jake Rossen: 49-46 or 48-47 Rua
MMA Fanhouse / Michael David Smith: 48-47 Rua
CagePotato: 49-46 Rua
MMATorch : 48-47 Rua
MMAJunkie : 49-46 or 48-47 Rua
MMAMania : 50-45 Rua
5 Ounces of Pain : Rua (no score given)
Fightlinker : Rua (no score given)
ProMMA.Info: 50-45 Rua
Sherdog:
Jordan Breen -- 48-47 Rua
Brian Knapp -- 48-47 Rua
Mike Fridley -- 50-45 Rua

Add MMA Opinion to that list of people who though Rua won.

Anyone who thinks Cecil Peoples is a good judge is obviously retarded, sorry OP.

Jetster - I respect everyone's opinion here but it seems that if someone comes on here and has taken the time to analyse this fight and differs from Rua has dominated thoery we get insult after insult....that to me in classic Nuthugging!!!

Oh the irony. You're disputing the vast majority of educated opinion from pro's, analysts for MMA e-media, the fans as well as the stats of the fight and you call nuthugging.

The only people who agree with you aside judges like Cecil Peoples, halfwits like Kevin Iole, desperate trolls vying for attention and shameless Machida fanboys who shat their karate gi when Shogun made him look human instead of getting run through.

Great company you keep. As for the insults, it's the internet you out yourself as a moron on a message board, you're bound to cop some flak. No need to get all emo.

I Like Turtles your a gem son...there U got my attention :) happy!!!!

ttt for the TRUTH!!!!