Machida was boring not impressive

Boring and impressive are not mutually exclusive terms.

In addition, boring is a subjective term. I find Machida's methodical approach interesting. He's elusive with a purpose to bait his opponent into making a mistake he'll capitalize on. As opposed to some guys (like Guida) who are elusive to run out the clock.

I like Machida. I was the only guy in the room who rooted form him against Shogun in both fights.

So I did not find him boring in the Bader fight, because I was paying attention. I also dislike boring ass one dimensional Bader, so I was waiting for the Couture tooth crunching face kick to land.

BUT. If somebody watches that fight, and let's say Machida had continued to fight that way until the bell, and they didn't know who these guys were, I think they would be right in saying Machida is less than engaging to watch, because he, much like Anderson Silva, yet in an even more hesitant style, is always counter striking, waiting for his opponent to stumble in, and then catch him.

What happens if you match up two counter strikers? Snooze :D

That said, Machida shouldn't get a rematch w/ Bones so soon. This will be back to back one fight winning streaks where he gets a title shot. That's a joke.

Have Machida fight Gus in a number one contender fight in the interim.

This is why Bellator's tourney system is better if they can increase the amount they hold, give rematches to title fight participants who earned their way through a tourney at least once recently, and keep them occupied in meaningful Champions' league style inter-organization competition in between. UFC title shots are handed out on marketability for cards. In this case they were trying to market UFC on Fox 4 by putting a lot on the line for those fights and giving everybody incentive to fight exciting.

Well it just shows how desperate they are to find credible opponents to Jon Jones. The guy is just too damned good :D

Flawless Machida performance. You suck at life. Phone Post

FixedPartialArts - That said, Machida shouldn't get a rematch w/ Bones so soon. This will be back to back one fight winning streaks where he gets a title shot. That's a joke.

Having Machida rematch Jones (if he beats Hendo) in January/February will give 'new generation' guys like Gustaffson, Te Huna, Jimmo and Glover a few fights to further prove themselves and get themselves up the pecking order.

How many more silly KOs does Machida need before people stop calling him boring?

BrunoMcGyver - 
FixedPartialArts - That said, Machida shouldn't get a rematch w/ Bones so soon. This will be back to back one fight winning streaks where he gets a title shot. That's a joke.

Having Machida rematch Jones (if he beats Hendo) in January/February will give 'new generation' guys like Gustaffson, Te Huna, Jimmo and Glover a few fights to further prove themselves and get themselves up the pecking order.

Gus should be able to prove himself against Machida then, if Lyoto is indeed title shot caliber. Gus would then have a 6 fight winning streak w/ victories over Machida, Thiago Silva, Hamill, the Janitor, Te Huna, and Diabate. He doesn't need a few more fights to prove himself. He needs one high quality win. Machida has a one-fight winning streak and his recent wins are over Bader and a 47-year old Couture. If he doesn't need to prove himself more, than certainly Gus wouldn't with another high quality win.

OP probably haven't been in fight yet... Phone Post

This fight was boring until he knocked him out and then it was exciting. Thats basicly what is being said. And it just sounds dumb.

Machida was robbed against Rampage, even Rampage said so. He just Ko'd Bader with ease so yea I think he should get the fight with Hendo..... See what I did there. Phone Post

random_muppett -  Machida was FANTASTIC. Phone Post

mmavixen -  Could I disagree with OP more?  Not really.

Now I am bored and exiting.

Precisely Phone Post

I was impressed. Does it have to be guys swinging bombs to be exciting? The way he caught bader coming in was pretty awesome.

When Bader was not pressing Machida
He was taking kicks to the body

I think Machida was fighting a perfect technical fight Phone Post

I was impressed.

A sound technical and a very skilled fighter like Machida = awesome.

Simple hay maker brawlers, just go to your local bar.

FixedPartialArts - 
BrunoMcGyver - 

Gus should be able to prove himself against Machida then, if Lyoto is indeed title shot caliber. Gus would then have a 6 fight winning streak w/ victories over Machida, Thiago Silva, Hamill, the Janitor, Te Huna, and Diabate. He doesn't need a few more fights to prove himself. He needs one high quality win. Machida has a one-fight winning streak and his recent wins are over Bader and a 47-year old Couture. If he doesn't need to prove himself more, than certainly Gus wouldn't with another high quality win.

Agree. But if Gus went in Jan/Feb vs Jones, who would there be for whoever wins? Te Huna needs at least 2 more victories, and it would be hard to give Glover or Jimmo title shots after 2-3 UFC wins.

For Gus, your view on him vs Machida is the right solution. For the LHW division having Jones Hendo winner vs Machida and then Gustaffsson (put him against someone like Shogun for the time being) is the better option.

BrunoMcGyver - 
FixedPartialArts - 
BrunoMcGyver - 

Agree. But if Gus went in Jan/Feb vs Jones, who would there be for whoever wins? Te Huna needs at least 2 more victories, and it would be hard to give Glover or Jimmo title shots after 2-3 UFC wins.

For Gus, your view on him vs Machida is the right solution. For the LHW division having Jones Hendo winner vs Machida and then Gustaffsson (put him against someone like Shogun for the time being) is the better option.

After Jones fights Hendo on September 1st, he'll have competed 7 times in the last year and a half. That means he's fought once about every three months. He can afford a little bit of a break from a physical, mental, and financial standpoint.

And the break wouldn't be very long at all given Machida took no damage vs. Bader and Gustafsson has been waiting in the wings from what he's reported. They could conceivably fight in October already, and the winner be prepared for Jones in February. That's a 5-6 month gap between fights, which is pretty standard for your average champ.

Poindexter -  That was a great performance. You clowns are fucking weird.

Channeling DFW gets a nod

Dorks Phone Post

"Having Machida rematch Jones (if he beats Hendo) in January/February will give 'new generation' guys like Gustaffson, Te Huna, Jimmo and Glover a few fights to further prove themselves and get themselves up the pecking order. "

^^^^EXACTLY...good use of logic my friend!

There's been way too many complaints about who 'deserves' these title fights. It's very arguable in the LW and WW divisions for the most part, but let's be real...the MW and LHW divisions are shallow. Now a lot of people are saying that Machida should have to rematch Shogun, but then it's gonna be a good 7 or 8 months after the JBJ/Hendo fight until the next title defense. It's like people think the champ should sit on the shelf for two years until someone puts together a 6 fight win streak against the top guys in the division.

Look at the LW and WW divisions. A lot of top guys there have beaten several other top guys but lost to one of them. These guys are mostly gonna get derailed sooner or later if they have to beat 5 top guys to get a title shot. Who's the champ gonna fight in the meantime? This is an even harder problem to deal with in a shallow division.

Instead of having the same 4 guys fight each other 3 times apiece, use them as gatekeepers against up-and-comers. All the top guys have lost to Jones already. Now he has fights set for the next 5 or 6 months (assuming he beats Hendo of course) so let's put the few up-and-comers against the other top guys and see what they're made of. If the new guys win, they can earn a title shot and if the veterans win, so can they.

And about Machida's style...I love it but i can see why some people don't. The reason I like it is because there's always a feeling that the fight could end at any second much like it did against Bader. It keeps me on the edge of my seat! Can't wait to see him fight for the title again.