Machidas stay at MW will be shortlived.

Silva will KO Weidman in the rematch, and stay champ at least for another 1-2 years. Machida will not fight Silva. he will win a few more at MW and eventually move up to LHW again.

This is a serious conundrum.

I think Machida knows Anderson might be retiring soon win or lose in December and that why he wants to make a run now Phone Post

theblitz - I think Machida knows Anderson might be retiring soon win or lose in December and that why he wants to make a run now Phone Post

That's my assumption as well. Phone Post

Anderson has no interest in defending the title. He'll go after super fights. Phone Post

After Silva wins, he will relinquish the title, then go on to fight RJJ.

theblitz - 

I think Machida knows Anderson might be retiring soon win or lose in December and that why he wants to make a run now Phone Post

Machida has alluded to this in interviews. He seems to have some sort of inside info or intuition that by the time he gets into title contention, Anderson won't be defending the belt.

Which makes sense. I don't see Anderson winning the belt and just going back to taking on new challengers every 6-8 months.

Choochy -
theblitz - I think Machida knows Anderson might be retiring soon win or lose in December and that why he wants to make a run now Phone Post

I dont see him retiring, but I do see him giving up his belt if he wins or somehow not being the champ and letting Machida and others fight for the strap. Phone Post

Machida just said he'd fight anderson Phone Post

I doubt Anderson will want to retire when/if he reclaims his title. I also don't think Machida will truly fight Anderson. They seem too tight knit of a group - I would love to see Machida vs. Anderson though!

You have to beat Anderson SIlva to get Anderson Silva money.

Get your bread Machida.

caseharts - Machida just said he'd fight anderson Phone Post
Huh? That'd be gold. Didn't see it. Details? Phone Post 3.0

Choochy -

I also came to this conclusion Phone Post

Machida vs GSP

hubris - Machida vs GSP

I'd be interested in seeing this.  

If remember correct , machida said he would fight silva, silva says he won't fight machida. I see the fight happening , just like with Munoz. Phone Post 3.0

LucasBTiger -
caseharts - Machida just said he'd fight anderson Phone Post
Huh? That'd be gold. Didn't see it. Details? Phone Post 3.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj0wL0sHBPM Phone Post 3.0

Yup Phone Post 3.0

This. Phone Post 3.0

Lyoto, post fight interview.