Machines to Measure Punch Power PSI??

Hi,

I was interested in where I could buy an affordable machine that measures your punching and kicking power?

The reason is I am interested in how various therapies, stances, supplements, etc. affect your punching power.

IE, for weight lifting, I can show people various posture and they would get 10%-20% stronger right away.

It would be cool to be able to show this scientifically with a PSI measurement too.

Please let me know if you know where to buy such a machine.

It would be best if it is easy to carry, since it is used for traveling demos.

Thank you once again.

Step children (preferably red-headed) are the traditional measure.

A guy did it 15 years ago or so.

Execution was poor. But concept is great.

I still have his mit and heavy bag around.

Century did this way back, I believe. I'm pretty sure it was crap, though. The cheapest would be to go to an amusement park and punch one of those strongman boxing things. :)

I experimented some in my younger days with some home made stuff for laughs.

The problem is that striking power is way more tricky when you look into it. It has a lot to do with how much energy is transferred, but it is also about timing and peak of that transfer.

Compare it with ballistics. If you want to put someone down Different calibers have different characteristics and affect the human body differently. It is not just about which round is faster, heavier etc.

When you thai kick someone in the leg the energy curve needs to be different than if you want to flash KO someone on the jaw.

Saw this on another forum in a 2005 message. Can't vouch for it, but FWIW.

Impact Training Systems

Site has some videos showing it used in punching and kicks. Unfortunately, fairly expensive.

CDarwin - Century did this way back, I believe. I'm pretty sure it was crap, though. The cheapest would be to go to an amusement park and punch one of those strongman boxing things. :)

I experimented some in my younger days with some home made stuff for laughs.

The problem is that striking power is way more tricky when you look into it. It has a lot to do with how much energy is transferred, but it is also about timing and peak of that transfer.

Compare it with ballistics. If you want to put someone down Different calibers have different characteristics and affect the human body differently. It is not just about which round is faster, heavier etc.

When you thai kick someone in the leg the energy curve needs to be different than if you want to flash KO someone on the jaw.

Yea, I agree with that. I am sure the real scientific ones, like the Fight Science, is much more expensive and accurate.

I remember that Century one, it was like $30 and was so inaccurate!

WidespreadPanic - Saw this on another forum in a 2005 message. Can't vouch for it, but FWIW.

Impact Training Systems

Site has some videos showing it used in punching and kicks. Unfortunately, fairly expensive.

Thanks! This is exactly what we are looking for, but it doesn't seem so accurate. Hate to waste money on it if it doesn't work.

I'll ask if they give a free 30 day trial or something, haha.

NCAA92 -  

LOL. I can't believe that is for real. Hilarious.