Mackenzie Dern vs Ashley Yoder in March

Mackenzie Dern scheduled to make UFC debut in March against Ashley Yoder — https://t.co/9cKNKP9nth pic.twitter.com/XwJnAgW8m1

— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) January 1, 2018

Business is picking up! https://t.co/nM0AluRzbk

— Shaheen Al-Shatti (@shaunalshatti) January 1, 2018

Mackenzie Dern scheduled to make UFC debut in March against Ashley Yoder

A post shared by Daily MMA Content (@ufc_daily) on Jan 1, 2018 at 10:23am PST

Not a good match up for Ashley. Ashley is primarily a grappler.

Good showcase for Mackenzie’s skills.

nowaydo - Not a good match up for Ashley. Ashley is primarily a grappler.

I’m Excited For Them Grappling

I would kiss Mackenzie's butt. 

JoseyWales - 
nowaydo - Not a good match up for Ashley. Ashley is primarily a grappler.

I’m Excited For Them Grappling

me2

??

A post shared by Mackenzie Dern ???????? (@mackenziedern) on Jan 3, 2018 at 7:47am PST

JoseyWales - 

I just love her aggressive submission Ronda had a good one, but she is a step above Ronda in versatility within her aggression. I think only Ortega and Charles Oliveira have a more aggressive submission

Só os loucos sabem.... ????‍?????? ?? @lrhphotography

A post shared by Mackenzie Dern ???????? (@mackenziedern) on Jan 6, 2018 at 1:20pm PST

Sub

It pisses me off that some fighters are given more opportunities than others based on looks. It's not healthy for neither of both sides. I don't think Dern is UFC material yet. Not with that kind of striking...It's like PVZ all over again...

NeganAndersdottir -

It pisses me off that some fighters are given more opportunities than others based on looks. It's not healthy for neither of both sides. I don't think Dern is UFC material yet. Not with that kind of striking...It's like PVZ all over again...

It’s about dollars. People are talking about her so the ufc wants her. I’m sure there are hot girls out there no one is talking about that won’t be in the ufc. 

NeganAndersdottir - 

Are you serious?

PVZ wasn’t dominate in one of the four major sports of MMA (boxing, kickboxing, wrestling and bjj).

If any multiple time champion in their prime from any of those 4 major sports, came over to the UFC, they would be pushed heavily. Yes, it would help if they were attractive and had an ounce of personality. Especially if they were in a division that needed a star? If their personality was like a blank piece of paper, not so much.

I'm sad they are trying to give Ashley her third consecutive loss in the UFC. She is pretty and marketable, has shown heart and is relatively skilled. Could become a star with the right push, but nope. :(

Ihaveseenthings - 

I'm sad they are trying to give Ashley her third consecutive loss in the UFC. She is pretty and marketable, has shown heart and is relatively skilled. Could become a star with the right push, but nope. :(

yes, you are right.

She could have easily stayed in Invicta and developed but they needed fresh meat.

nowaydo -
Ihaveseenthings - 

yes, you are right.

She could have easily stayed in Invicta and developed but they needed fresh meat.

People want to see her and she is a draw, might as well have her fight lower level guys in the UFC and they can start to build her into a star vs her staying in Invicta, coming over in a year and not being a draw.

JoseyWales - 

??

A post shared by Mackenzie Dern ???????? (@mackenziedern) on Jan 3, 2018 at 7:47am PST

It’s nice to see more and more Brazilian women getting into the sport

I think she can be a real star in the UFC once she learns to speak English fluently