• 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro, minced
  • 1 small bunch of fresh mint, minced
  • zest of 2 limes
  • Juice of 3 limes
  • 1/2 inch piece of ginger, minced
  • 2-3 TBS of light brown sugar
  • 1 TBS or so of honey
  • 2-3 TBS of Lottie's Barbados Hot Sauce

1. Whisk the last 6 ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
  2. Fold all the other shit together with the dressing you just made, let it hang out for a while, the longer the better.
  3. Serve with chicken, fish/seafood, pork, or just eat with chips.

Lottie's is a habanero-based sauce, and is hot as fuck (but delicious). I suggest consuming some form of alcohol to numb you from the heat, but this salsa is really good.

Sounds good especially the jicama. The mint also sounds pretty interesting.

I mine is pretty similar:

Couple of Habeneros

A Few mangos

Part of a Red onion

Some red and Green bell peper

Lime Juice

A bunch of Cilantro

A shake of Cumin

Salt and Pepper

Cut everything into little cubes. Mix and taste until you like it.

All salsa is better after sitting in the fridge for a day (which usually doesn't happen)

I'm impressed that you know the ingredient proportions. When I make salsa I do a lot of tasting and measurement by eye.

I'm estimating on the sugar, honey, and hot sauce, but everything else is accurate.

sweetener depends heavily on the quality of the fruit imo. i have put in small amounts of fresh or grilled pineapple to sweeten it up before.

throw some lime juice in there and that shit would make me wet

apparently you missed the "juice of 3 limes" part - that's also a little more dressing than the salsa will probably need, especially since the cucumber lets out some liquid over time

This was also my first time using jicama, and it's great. I think I'm going to be using it a lot more, especially when I get back on a strict diet. For anyone that hasn't had it, it's a root that is sort of like a really crisp, slightly sweet pear - the chemical in it that makes it sweet isn't metabolised by the body, and there's a ton of fiber, so it's a great low cal snack

you slipped that one by me

I am going to try this over the weekend.