Maeda bio still up????

Hey guys,

I was recording those Maeda posts that Quincy was putting up, until my internet crashed just in time for the holidays.

GOD DAMN SYMPATICO (shaking an angry fist)!!!!

How many posts were there in total? I believe I got the first two (or maybe three?).

Are they still up on the forum? are they archived somewhere? could you please point me to where I can get the rest of them?

Thanks in advance,

Baki

Baki, How are ya man? I only typed out like three sections of it, maybe about a 20th of what I have..A bunch of people got mad that I was posting it. Rather than deal with those who where looking to ruin and discredit the information before it even got out, I decided I will be putting it elsewhere.I will end up typing it all out and posting to out site within the month at Metrofightclub.netI hope to eventually have an entire library of information available through our site but the site building process is a slow one when you are learning by trial and error..

Quincy, please post a link to the entire history here when you have finished it. I think you've done a great service by making it available to everyone.

Croft

Q,

How've you been? How's the back feeling? Tip Top I hope.

How's the club been going? I hear the new digs are tremendously cool...wish I was still training in Michigan. I'm up in Ottawa now.

Thanks for the directions to the Maeda stuff. I tell you, the more I read, the more I'm hooked on Maeda and his story. Sounds like quite and important, and unfortunately little credited, innovator and disciple of Kodokan/Kosen Judo.

A few questions (for point of clarification): If Maeda wasn't officially expelled or suspended from the Kodokan, why the name change to Ju-jitsu? Can you tell us more about the "special" techniques that he used from the Kodokan's repetoire (the ones reserved for inter-school competition)? Sorry, I don't remember their japanese names.

Anyway, hope you have a great new year. Looking forward to hearing from you...

Baki

"If Maeda wasn't officially expelled or suspended from the Kodokan, why the name change to Ju-jitsu?"

Up until the first half of the 1900s, Judo and Jujutsu were interchangeable. Even Kano's last book was called Judo (Jujutsu). Jiu Jitsu is the Westernized spelling of Jujutsu.

See http://www.buyubooks.com/product_details.cfm?id=10245