MAGA:Trump Path to Citizenship for H1B

Erocks -

I work with quite a few H1B’rs from India. One in particular I worked closely with over the course of a large project. She was smart and a decent addition to the team. Many of her peers were ok at best, but some good ones mixed in. 

The thing is, the companies benefit from this program because they hire these people as temp contractors, pay them less, and don’t pay the benefits that Americans expect. I don’t buy for a second that it’s purely based on a need that can’t be filled by recruitment. 

While the pay is decent for these people, they get dropped all the time and have to relocate. Many have spouses half way across the country and no semblance of normal life. I like the idea of giving them a path to staying permanently, but I do think their use should be limited to an absolute need as opposed to maximizing profit at the expense of American families. 

Yup.

One of the most blatant exploitations of H1B workers is that most aren't actual employees of the corporatons they work for. They are brought in through a third party contractor and worked to the ground for less pay, no benefits and no long-term job security.

I'm closing a deal with an H1b client as I type this. 5 years with the same company, only 2 years living here though. From India like most of the examples people are bitching about. 100k/year salary. Wife about to give birth. Great benefits. 

He is having an easier time getting approved for a 5yr loan, even though his visa expires next year, than any government worker impacted by Trumps ignorant shut down. 

Crazy times. 

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

I'm closing a deal with an H1b client as I type this. 5 years with the same company, only 2 years living here though. From India like most of the examples people are bitching about. 100k/year salary. Wife about to give birth. Great benefits. 

He is having an easier time getting approved for a 5yr loan, even though his visa expires next year, than any government worker impacted by Trumps ignorant shut down. 

Crazy times. 

Great news, congrats to your client! MAGA needs more of them!

ksacs revenge -
Piyo -
ksacs revenge -

Complaining about immigrants taking American jobs? Don't worry, we have a solution for you. We're going to make them permanent. That's what you asked for, right?

Immigrants can’t take jobs from Americans because Americans don’t own and aren’t entitled to jobs. You can’t have something you don’t own “taken” from you. 

I agree no Americans are entitled to a job, despite what the entitled right believes. 

You're both right. But they do "own" American citizenship which "entitles" them to representation at the federal level who will work to represent their interests above the interest of corporations and foreign nationals. Do you agree with that? 

gregbrady -

Amazon, Microsoft, Intel and Google

can someone explain to me why these highly profitable companies cant pay to train american workers or increase pay enough until workers are found?

why do we need to import ppl from around the worlkd to drive down wages in these industries? to make these companies even more profiatble?

stupid idea

Because they make large donations ro both parties?

I don't see how this benefits regular Muricans at all. All it does it allow companies to hire Indians for less. Thumbs down imo.

Better watch out

Introverted IT workers are making too much money and demanding more, we can't let that happen.  Only the extroverted fucks in the business world are allowed to make money.

Atta boy, president trump!

Animal Mother -

I don't see how this benefits regular Muricans at all. All it does it allow companies to hire Indians for less. Thumbs down imo.

American companies can remain competitive with good workers. Limit yourself to yank workers and you will eventually get overpriced shit products. 

Piyo - 
ksacs revenge -

Complaining about immigrants taking American jobs? Don't worry, we have a solution for you. We're going to make them permanent. That's what you asked for, right?

Immigrants can’t take jobs from Americans because Americans don’t own and aren’t entitled to jobs. You can’t have something you don’t own “taken” from you. 

Americans might not be entitled to jobs but they should be entitled to not have their Government actively pushing down their wages.

AnotherTMAguy - 
Animal Mother -

American companies can remain competitive with good workers. Limit yourself to yank workers and you will eventually get overpriced shit products. 

Most of the H1B visa holders aren't doing high level work. They are replacing mid-level people.

Sounds good, but if there is anything you can learn about Trumps tweets, it’s that they don’t mean much as far as actual policy.

banco -
AnotherTMAguy - 
Animal Mother -

Most of the H1B visa holders aren't doing high level work. They are replacing mid-level people.

Like I said get good people, you get good shit.

banco -
Piyo - 
ksacs revenge -

Americans might not be entitled to jobs but they should be entitled to not have their Government actively pushing down their wages.

Don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Sandy Pantz -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Sandy Pantz -
ksacs revenge - 
Sandy Pantz -
ksacs revenge - 

what exactly are you complaining about kkksac?

I'm not complaining. I'm making fun of Trump supporters.

You mean the ones that have repeatedly said that they are okay with legal immigrants that contribute to the country?

Nope. Pretty obvious he means the idiots like gregbrady in this thread complaining about LEGAL immigrants taking our Joooooooobs!!!

"yay

the working class is getting fucked now lets fuck the upper middle class!!!"

Hope that helps.

So 1 guy? He's using the term "Trump supporters" for 1 guy?

I could be more specific, but that would be way above OG standards.

PelosiesPanties -
gregbrady -

Amazon, Microsoft, Intel and Google

can someone explain to me why these highly profitable companies cant pay to train american workers or increase pay enough until workers are found?

why do we need to import ppl from around the worlkd to drive down wages in these industries? to make these companies even more profiatble?

stupid idea

I think you highly underestimate how entitled and lazy Americans are these days. Seriously!

When I began studying for higher certifications in my field it was amazing how fast I rose above the lazy bastards who refuse to invest in themselves through study etc. Sure, they bitch that they are experts, know everything and complain why they don't make $100k+ then come in at 8:15 and leave at 4:45.

Its so easy to succeed in America and that's exactly what educated immigrants do and Americans complain. Haha smh! 

This is the exact thing that is happening in Australia as well. When u have immigrants that have only been living in Australia for not even 10nyears, that came here not speaking the language  and now own multiple properties and are flourishing, compared to generations of Australians that are in welfare programs, with no desire to better themselves  then u know that something is wrong

To make it worse, these lazy pricks  have the audacity to complain about it. It's as if personal responsibility doesn't exist

trobinson21 - 
banco -
Piyo - 
ksacs revenge -

Wages aren't effected by the H1B program,  we pay the same rate only the sponsor keeps some of the money so the Visa recipient earns less take home pay but the company pays what the company pays. 

It increases the supply of tech workers. The prevailing wage rate would be higher if you didn't have access to he H1B supply of workers.

gregbrady - 

yay

the working class is getting fucked now lets fuck the upper middle class!!!

Agreed. There are over 320 million people in America of all skill and education levels. We've got enough here to keep things running smoothly.

A new research paper on the effects of the H-1B visa program on workers suggests the influx of skilled foreign workers has historically led to lower wages and employment for American tech workers. Such findings could further inflame debate around immigration of high-skilled workers, but some economists caution against making too much of the result.

Economists from the University of Michigan and the University of California, San Diego, analyzed employment, wages and other factors over an eight-year period ending in 2001. They found that, while the visa program bolstered the U.S. economy and corporate profits, tech-industry wages would have been as much as 5.1% higher in the absence of the H-1B visa program and employment of U.S. workers in the field would have been as much as 10.8% higher in 2001.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-new-look-at-the-h-1b-visa-programs-impact-on-american-workers-1489483811

banco - A new research paper on the effects of the H-1B visa program on workers suggests the influx of skilled foreign workers has historically led to lower wages and employment for American tech workers. Such findings could further inflame debate around immigration of high-skilled workers, but some economists caution against making too much of the result.

Economists from the University of Michigan and the University of California, San Diego, analyzed employment, wages and other factors over an eight-year period ending in 2001. They found that, while the visa program bolstered the U.S. economy and corporate profits, tech-industry wages would have been as much as 5.1% higher in the absence of the H-1B visa program and employment of U.S. workers in the field would have been as much as 10.8% higher in 2001.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-new-look-at-the-h-1b-visa-programs-impact-on-american-workers-1489483811

Good for us consumers when more companies get into competition and hire more H1bs and lower prices.