Magarida Review

Mike, my apologies, I'm terrible with screen names.

Thanks again, and will do.

ttt

Watched the submission section and it is much, much better than the other sections thusfar.

Margarida gives many more details on how he does the chokes and armbar, and there is much more of a flow in the chokes from the mount section (though not really a series, each choke tends to overcome a potential resistance to the previous one). Chokes from the guard and the armbar from the guard could have benefitted from this too.

The only nits I would pick are 1) he repeates the technique twice with virtually the same explination and usually from the same camera angle. It would have been nice to switch angles for the repeat. 2) After the 2 reps with explination, there are 3 reps without explination. These sometimes have different camera angles, but combined with 1) are just kind of filler.

I also watched the matches, and these were pretty cool. Margarida vs. Saulo from Mundials (2001?) was awesome.

For some reason, the camera man often took the camera off the match to focus for extended periods on Bustamante, Royler, (Arona?) and some others I couldn't identify at ringside. Other than that, it was really great to see the stuff in action.

Also, have to watch guard passing section again, because unless I missed it, there was no 'Margarida pass' shown?

ttt