Magic the Gathering Arena

something that blows my mind. is if u have ur deck set to say “historic” u can still buy banned cards. and the banned card tint is so not fucking obvious. especially with all the retarded ass looking cards/art they have been coming out with lately.

fuck wizards of the coast in the ass.

i bet china owns them now

I have a 250 card deck with cheap white spells for when my daily tells me to play white spells .

Every game I played today with that deck was against other 250 card decks.

Coincidence?? Or did the change the match making?

In Response

I feel dirty, but I sorta net-decked this one. I played a guy in Midweek Magic at Home that was using this deck. I made note of the key cards and built my own version.

It’s a White/Black Weenie Graveyard deck. I start to overwhelm my opponents with small tokens. I have a few removal spells to hopefully get rid of their key creatures. I have a few larger creatures that take advantage of sacrificed creatures, etc. It’s working better than I anticipated. There have been a couple of matches where I was pretty sure my opponent had me derailed, but I’ve managed to turn things around. I’m still tweaking it because it is fairly simple for my opponents to derail the strategy.

Deck
3 Abiding Grace (MH2) 1
12 Swamp (AFR) 273
3 Hunted Witness (GRN) 15
3 Archfiend’s Vessel (M21) 88
6 Plains (AFR) 265
2 Raise Dead (ANB) 56
3 Vampire of the Dire Moon (M20) 120
3 Knight of the Ebon Legion (M20) 105
3 Blood Artist (JMP) 206
2 Village Rites (STA) 35
2 Witch’s Cauldron (M21) 129
2 Faerie Guidemother (ELD) 11
1 Plaguecrafter (GRN) 82
1 Omen of the Dead (THB) 110
2 Desecrated Tomb (M19) 230
1 Gods Willing (STA) 7
2 Phyrexian Reclamation (JMP) 267
1 Bankrupt in Blood (RNA) 62
2 Feed the Swarm (ZNR) 102
2 Witch’s Oven (ELD) 237
1 Ravenous Chupacabra (RIX) 82
2 Ravenous Harpy (M19) 115
1 Pharika’s Libation (THB) 111
2 Disenchant (ZNR) 10
2 Godless Shrine (RNA) 248
4 Scoured Barrens (M21) 250
2 Temple of Silence (M20) 256

As you can see below, my opponent played that artifact that was giving all my tokens -1/0, which was partially shutting me down. Fortunately my removal spells kept him from getting anything going on his side of the board. I’m really unsure what his deck strategy was, to be honest. He just wasn’t doing much of anything…

Yeah, so the main things I’ve been playing are a Goblin deck with Krenko Mob Boss as the Captain in Historic Brawl and I just created a new White Deck (another one heavy on life Gain and some of the creatures that buff up from that) a couple days ago that I’ve been using a lot. Whenever I play with a white deck like that though the system always seems to constantly match me against people with “kill all creatures” cards, so I get a good set up and then it all gets wiped out (in some cases multiple times in the same game )…and it pisses me off.

1 Like

I made a green aggro deck but included like 120 cards, then I just go out hunting until I get a blue mill deck and just buttfuck them to death.

The look on their face when they have 60 cards milled and I still have another whole deck must be priceless.

1 Like

This was not the news I wanted to hear this week. R.I.P. Pretjah.

Man, I’ve been losing so damn much lately it’s ridiculous. I may go on another hiatus, because I’m getting really fed up again. It also seems like I’ve been running into a lot more ridiculous stuff lately - like the other day I got someone down to almost -50 life and they didn’t die…turned out they had some angel/or enchantment on the Angel that made it “you cannot lose the game, and opponent cannot win the game”. Just had another one where they had some creature that gave the player protection from all damage from creatures.

2 Likes

I get it. There are some RIDICULOUS cards in the game. There are a lot of them create strategies that just feel ‘cheap’.

1 Like

Same here. I had a couple killer decks and not I get the my ass whooped regularly

1 Like

These Day/Night Decks are kinda neat. However, I’m not ready to venture into building one for myself yet. I haven’t looked through the cards carefully, but it feels like most of the cards are geared towards applying “Day”…

This guy was starting to back me up against the ropes, but I got my Commander, Yarok the Desecrated on the board, followed it up with Hornet Queen (4x Flying Hornet Tokens with Deathtouch - TWICE!), then dropped Thassa Deep-Dwelling. Started bouncing Hornet Queen during EOT with Thassa and my opponent conceded.

I really love my Xanathar decks. Xanathar is such a badass card and makes such an awesome commander. I’ve built 3 different decks with him. A regular Historic deck, a Brawl deck, and a Historic (100-card) Brawl deck. The strategy is the same in each. Dimir Rogues with Flash.

Below, I got Thieve’s Guild Enforcer out immediately, then Thassa Deep-Dwelling not too long afterwards. I ended up mana-fucking him because every time I bounced Thieve’s Guild Enforcer, I was milling the land cards he needed. Then I got Xanathar out and started stealing his shit. He was a good sport, mutated the Toski I stole from him and let me finish the match rather than concede.

Okay, so someone just played it on me again, “Platinum Angel” is the one that gives the “you cannot lose the game and opponent cannot win the game”. It does require 7 land to cast, but it’s still a total Bull Shit card regardless, especially if (like me) you don’t really utilize the various removal, or blue target creatures abilities type cards - which you could argue is more of a flaw on my part, but I still think that card is really stupid…

I think white is getting a bit silly anyways. Too much life gain. Powerful enchantments like Authority of Consuls for one mana. Get that out first thing and the whole game is fucked up for me since I can’t really remove it with black or red. And now the have instant creature removal for two mana. Like green they pretty much have an answer to everything while gaining silly amounts of life.

Before I stopped playing, the game was consistently matching me up with the same players depending on what deck I played, to the point that at times it looked like only me and three or four other guys were playing. And my opponent’s deck was almost always a direct counter to mine. The amount of manipulation they do with matchmaking appears to be massive.

This has happened to me, as well.

Embrace the hate.

lmao, I made another one (MUCH better than the one I made last week) and it’s pretty gnarly/seems to demonstrate a lot of truth to what you’re saying -

Deck
4 Griffin Aerie (M21) 22
24 Plains (MID) 380
4 Abiding Grace (MH2) 1
2 Cleric Class (AFR) 6
4 Soul Warden (M10) 34
4 Soulmender (M20) 37
4 Speaker of the Heavens (M21) 38
4 Ajani’s Pridemate (WAR) 4
2 The Book of Exalted Deeds (AFR) 4
1 Paladin Class (AFR) 29
4 Ajani’s Welcome (M19) 6
2 On Serra’s Wings (DAR) 28
2 Dawn of Hope (GRN) 8
2 Revitalize (M19) 35

It’s fun as Hell though, but the system is now constantly matching me up against people with very similar decks/strategies.