Magnum P.I. remake

WTF at this abomination. I didn't care for the 5-0 remake but this is next level. Dude looks like a bank teller and his Aloha shirt sucks. 

Looking like magnum b.i. sexual. 

3 Likes

i always wanted to fuck HIggins. now it doesnt look so gay to say it out loud.

1 Like

Wait, the chick is Higgins? The Japanese guy is probably TC then. 

No way this is real.

right?!

Im a huge Magnum PI fan.

At first I really struggled to like the show, but this guy actually grew on me. Now I actually like it.

Higgins looked weird to me also, but I kind of like her too.

Its a decent show, and its not that differnet from the original, just updated to current times.

With a pathetic mustache and a bullshit Hawaiian shirt like that?  Don't you even try to bring that garbage around here. 

1 Like

a_user_has_no_name_74 -

Im a huge Magnum PI fan.

At first I really struggled to like the show, but this guy actually grew on me. Now I actually like it.

Its a decent show, and its not that differnet from the original, just updated to current times.

so the new higgins and magnum have that military history to legitimize their skills and character traits?

Yes he is a former marine (with buddies Rick and TC as well), like the original, and she is former mi6 i think.

... let's not forget who higgins really is...

The character served for 37 years in the British military in the Second World War, the Indochina War (assisting the French), New Guinea, India, and Kenya, among others.[4] Higgins carried the discipline of his military background into his civilian life.[5] Higgins earned the rank of sergeant major in the British Army, and was in MI6 of the British Secret Service.[4]

The character holds a 1947 doctorate in mathematics from University of Cambridge.[4] This is revealed when he tells a pregnant woman (correctly, though misleadingly) that he is "a doctor".[6] He owns two highly trained and extremely intelligent Doberman Pinschers, Zeus and Apollo (to whom he often refers as "The Lads").

Higgins is well versed in combat techniques, both armed and unarmed (kung fu) combat. He expresses fondness for older British Army weaponry such as the Sten and Sterling submachine guns, although he is more than capable of using modern weaponry such as the Heckler & Koch MP5. There is a small collection of weaponry (mostly pistols and shotguns) at the estate for him and Magnum to use as needed. Occasional episodes show Higgins utilizing less common weapons, such as a 19th-century brass cannon and a samurai sword. Like Magnum, he does not make a habit of carrying a gun all the time.

Fagnum P.I.

I watched a couple of episodes and kept waiting for magnum to show up.  No matter how long I watched I never saw magnum.

how they can select such an unremarkable and underwhelming actor is beyond me

1 Like

FCTV808 - 

I watched a couple of episodes and kept waiting for magnum to show up.  No matter how long I watched I never saw magnum.

It's almost like casting is woke these days. You can't have outstanding looking masculine characters anymore. They just gotta be Felipe, the guy next door.

...unless you're casting for something like Thor, a superhero from another dimension who's not even human. You basically have to not be human to be allowed to be remarkable and handsome.

1 Like

This show is on its like 2nd or 3rd season already.

IIRC, the casting for the rest of the show is just as silly.

I knew I wanted nothing to do with it when I saw the first teaser trailer and not only was the casting woke AF, but they crashed two different Ferraris.

I'll just watch re-runs of the original, thanks.

a_user_has_no_name_74 -

Im a huge Magnum PI fan.

Same here, i didn't want to like it, but its growing on me.

1 Like

a_user_has_no_name_74 -

Im a huge Magnum PI fan.

You are part of the problem !!!!!!!!

1 Like

Moke -
FCTV808 - 

It's almost like casting is woke these days. You can't have outstanding looking masculine characters anymore. They just gotta be Felipe, the guy next door.

...unless you're casting for something like Thor, a superhero from another dimension who's not even human. You basically have to not be human to be allowed to be remarkable and handsome.

Almost?

The show obviously pales in comparison to the original, but it's not awful. It's similar to the HawaiiFive-O remake in that regard (unlike the MacGyver remake, which is just awful). It's a shallow action show that you can just turn off your brain for an hour and enjoy the scenery and the fights, the gunplay and the 'splosions.

I'm with you on the guy being a HUGE step down from Tom Selleck, but he's charismatic and does a lot of the same self-deprecating humor, so at least the character is consistent.

The gender flip on Higgins is more jarring, and I was initially worried they do the a 'romance' angle between them, but while they occasionally flirt with the idea, it never crosses the line. The co-dependent frenemy vibe is still there. Regardless, I don't mind it that much since I find the girl attractive. The posh accent, just a bit of bitchiness, and the fit little hardbody make my pants tight.