Magny lost to Cheisa?

Damn. I was ready to make a thread saying I hope Neil can win his next fight and keep himself near the top of the contenders list and saw that he lost a 5 round main event to Cheisa. Did he get dominated, or was he at least able to make it a competitive fight in the later rounds?

Chiesa dominated him

5 Likes

Yikes! Not sure what to make of that result.

Chiesa went on a little run in which he looked decent. He also beat RDA.

4 Likes

Chiesa wrestle fucked Magny

1 Like

Yeah Chiesa was actually much better than Magny that night

4 Likes

Sometimes Magny looks like a real talent, and then he will just get smashed…

I don’t think he ever found a way to use his height and reach to its full extent.

5 Likes

Dominated and Cheisa looked like a much better wrestler than he is.

1 Like

Magny is hit or miss. He has gotten worked over by Maia, RDA, Ponz, Larkin but he also has workma like wins over Lawler, Leech, Neal, Hendricks, Gastelum, and Lombard.

One of the best WW gatekeepers ever.

4 Likes

haven’t heard a peep from chiesa. what’s going on with him?

1 Like

He’s in a tough spot now. 20 more seconds he tkos Brady and probably is fighting Belal. Now, he is going to have to fight someone like Holland, Neal, or Thompson.

2 Likes

oh yeah just looked. he’s on a 2 fight skid after going on a good run. Need to watch this brady fight. I had chiesa as pretty big darkhorse at 170. His striking keeps getting better and he’s long but i noticed he been jumping on a lot of the analyst side of things so maybe that’s where his heads at

1 Like

Chiesa beat the shit out of Brady on the feet. Brady won the clinch exchanges by pressing Chiesa against the cage and taking him down. He road out back control but Chiesa avoided any real danger and stood up. In the 3rd, Chiesa started tagging up Brady at will and took him down with a no gi harai where he moved to mount in about 3 seconds flat. He mounted Brady and started punching away as Brady was on his hip just covering himself. If that was a pride fight Chiesa would’ve been the winner.

Brady did a good job controlling and slowing the pace of the fight anytime he started getting beat up. He gassed out because Chiesa broke his nose early but I have seen Brady start to tire when he is the nail and not the hammer. Chiesa should’ve attempted to take Brady down sooner. Brady is very good on top position but on the bottom I feel is where he is his weakest outside of his striking. Chiesa failed to implement a game plan to expose that consistently throughout the fight.

I personally think Belal beats both of them in 5 rounds if they were to fight.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with Brady. Belal and Chiesa would be a good matchup. I think you might be right though. Belal might edge him out.

1 Like

Brady has been doing mma since about 14. He is incredibly strong and compact for the division. He is a Daniel Gracie black belt that does his best with a left hook, low right kick combo on the feet and blast doubles out in open. He has a suffocating top game with constant pressure where he waits for an opponent to make a mistake in scrambling to latch onto a guillotine or take their back.

Since he is so stocky for the division his striking is rigid. He has shown he has some pop in his punches but he has also lost a a lot of striking exchanges in the UFC. His top game opens up the striking for him though because once he starts losing the striking he just bulldozes his opponent to the mat which makes them hesistant to strike with him when they return to the feet.

Chiesa, Aguilera, Matthews, and Ismail all had success on the feet with him until he started getting takedowns. The takedowns allowed him to rock Matthews when the fight returned to striking. It also led Aguilera to come in reckless and get taken down. They both got choked out by Brady. Ismail was clearly winning all of the striking exchanges but he has the fight IQ of a potato so he started throwing flying knees at Brady which allowed Brady to grab him and take him down.

He is a top 10-15 fighter who is undefeated. I just don’t think his ceiling is being the champ. I could see him being a mainstay top 5 for a bit. However, his guard looked really weak so if he faces someone who puts him on his back I’m not sure how he would respond. If he has extended striking exchanges with someone like Burns, Masvidal, Luque I see him getting finished.

Belal and him make logical sense next for a fight though.

1 Like

Imo Chiesa is a mental midget. He has a real talent, but his psych is his biggest weakness. He seems to be a really emotional person, and sometimes he’s not able to control those emotions.

The UFC gave him a huge push all because of that Conor situation where he threw the dolly at the bus he was on. Didn’t he get glass in his eye or something? I heard he either sued, or threatened to sue. Then, all of a sudden, we see him commentating on ESPN, in commercials for Modelo, and main eventing shows he shouldn’t have been main eventing in fights he arguably shouldn’t have been fighting. Idk maybe someone else here knows more about this than I do lol.

1 Like

Never make fun of his Mamma!

1 Like

I believe he had a scratched cornea and his argument was that he was the highest ranked guy at the weight that would have been able to fight that night. And because of his inability to fight that night, Al got the shot instead of him (his words)… I’m glad Al got the shot. I recall, he also got all kinds of upset that Kevin said something about his mother, and he went completely batshit and still lost. I do actually think he’s decent as a commentator though

1 Like

Dominated the fuck out of him. I was pretty shocked by that. Huge stock boost for Chiesa, huge stock plummet for Magny. I was pretty certain Magny would handle Chiesa with an easy decision and then maybe even give Cumshot some trouble, but that obviously never panned out.

2 Likes

It was one of those cards that started at like 7am USA time

1 Like