Maia beats Woodley... However

Let me state first. Maia is one of my all time favs. He beats Woodley wrestling vs wrestling because he's been working on it so hard. Gets Tyrone down and pythons him.
However, I think his standup was exposed tonight and Thompson and Lawler best him standing up. Thompson is evasive enough to avoid Maia's shot, and Lawler sprawls to avoid it.
Perhaps he doesn't defend the belt.

He won't get a single takedown on woodley. 

Politically Incorrect - 

He doesn't beat Woodley, you're crazy. 

The dude couldn't take pure boxer Masvidal down. 

Did they teleport to the ground then?

Very tough match up for Maia

I think Woodley has the highest takedown defense percentage at WW and one of the top 5 in all of MMA.

I enjoy watching Maia impose his game, but Woodley will make it look easy when they fight. 

I don't disagree with Woodley being able to stuff. However guys, Woodley being a wrestler will be more willing to engage Ina clinch. Leading Maia to get inside

don't forget that woodley is explosive as rogan will tell you 

Also. The reason Masvidal was able to stuff the takedowns was his outside standup. And yet he was still taken down. Woodley will engage in the clinch.

Jorge has great wrestling.

Soul Gravy - 
Politically Incorrect - 

astral projection

Lmao @ people not knowing how good masvidals take down defense is and how good his striking is. He's one of the better strikers in the ufc. U guys are acting like maia got outclassed on the feet and most of his take downs stuffed by some average striker with no take down defense lmao. Maia just made another huge statement.

And woodley gasses. If maia gets to his back and woodley gasses he won't survive like masvidal did. And yeah woodley is a good wrestler but he's nowhere near the striker jorge is.

Wonder boy would get dragged down and submitted in the first round. Woolley is the hardest fight for Maia, being as strong as he is and with the power behind his right hand if he pressures Maia and chases him off stuffed shots.

Could go down like when twood fought Andre galvao.  

Or like when Maia fought Anderson. 

Or twood circles the fence. Gets in the clinch and gets taken down and ultimately submitted. 

He does not beat woodley

Should be an easy title defense for him

Politically Incorrect - 

Pretty impressive that you think Masvidal is a pure boxer when he's been one of the most well rounded fighters in the sport for 10+ years now.

Politically Incorrect -

What a weird way to categorize one of the most well rounded MMA fighters on the planet, 'pure boxer', wow. Jorge also trained for Maia with Covington, Shoe Face and Rodolfo and it showed. 

Oh, missed TheRealJoker's post

Politically Incorrect -
Soul Gravy -
Politically Incorrect - 

look up the numbers mong, basic Masvidal stuffed the piss out of 90% of takedowns 

Yes but all's Maia need is one against Woodley

RockTheVote - I think Woodley loses, but I've thought that before. The beauty in Maia's wrestling is that even when his shot gets stopped, he's still making you grapple him and it isn't long before he drags you into deep waters.

This. Maia has a unique blend of takedowns. I really like his chain takedowns. When he gets stuffed he pulls guard but he doesn't plan on fighting off his back. He just tries to pull the leg in close so he can hop back on the single. Jiu jitsu guys who don't necessarily have an extensive wrestling background can learn a lot from Maia on how to apply takedowns for MMA.

There's more than one way to take a guy down. Not everybody is going to be a D1 All American with an explosive blast double in their toolbox!