Maia X Shields, E Silva X Stun Gun... Great match

ups IMO. Looking forward to the fights.

I think the underdogs stand a decent chance here UG (Shields & Stun Gun).

How do you see these fights playing out UG?

OP using X instead of VS is the real question Phone Post

Tehuna4president - 

OP using X instead of VS is the real question Phone Post

Not really... Limited amount text allowed... Really worth a post FFS?

You want questions?

OK

Does Maia go the ground right away or instead try to stay upright?

Can Stun Gun get Silva to the ground?

Maia is not underdog Phone Post 3.0

TY KZ! Both Maia & E. Silva are about 2.5 - 1 favorites. Corrected 1st post. Wrote down wrong fighter TY again

So you see no chance of a sub FFS Doom?

You don't think that is a very nice JJ match up in Shields X Maia?

Man, Mia vs Shields is such an interesting fight....been thinking about this alot trying to figure out how this will playout and i still have no cule, both guys are great on the ground but would say mia might have the slight advantage although I think Shields should be able to nulify him.  Standing, again maybe Mia has the slight advantage, then again Sheilds vs. GSP was mainly on the feet and GSP didn't even bust Jake up (Jake may look sloopy standing but never realy gets into to much trouble for some reason, besides Elenberger that is and the fist couple min's vs Hendo)  Both were fairly successful at 185 as well so its not like one's gonna have a major strength/size advantage imo......so ya basically i have no clue lol, should be interesting I'm stoked 

DARTHHOGAN - 

Man, Mia vs Shields is such an interesting fight....been thinking about this alot trying to figure out how this will playout and i still have no cule, both guys are great on the ground but would say mia might have the slight advantage although I think Shields should be able to nulify him.  Standing, again maybe Mia has the slight advantage, then again Sheilds vs. GSP was mainly on the feet and GSP didn't even bust Jake up (Jake may look sloopy standing but never realy gets into to much trouble for some reason, besides Elenberger that is and the fist couple min's vs Hendo)  Both were fairly successful at 185 as well so its not like one's gonna have a major strength/size advantage imo......so ya basically i have no clue lol, should be interesting I'm stoked 

TY for the thoughts. I see it a lot the same. I have no clue except Maia may be slightly better in both positions too and I think a 2.5-1 favorite here is too much.

Lazer MMA - 
DARTHHOGAN - 

TY for the thoughts. I see it a lot the same. I have no clue except Maia may be slightly better in both positions too and I think a 2.5-1 favorite here is too much.

Ya man, Jake always seems to get looked over and i'm guilty of it as well, I counted him out against woodley big time but the guy finds ways to drag people into his game, it may not be pretty but it works.

DARTHHOGAN - 
Lazer MMA - 
DARTHHOGAN - 

Ya man, Jake always seems to get looked over and i'm guilty of it as well, I counted him out against woodley big time but the guy finds ways to drag people into his game, it may not be pretty but it works.

In a way I just want this to go right to the ground! It's like Nog X Mir too me LOL. I just want to see them fight there.

Then again The Beast X Royce was one of my favorite fights ever (& I wanted the Beat to win) LOL.

Dr Doom - 
Lazer MMA - 
So you see no chance of a sub FFS Doom?

You don't think that is a very nice JJ match up in Shields X Maia?

I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

But Maia-Shields has got Stand n Wang written all over it and I personally can't see Silva stopping it from hitting the ground.

Good matchmaking can be assessed before and after the fights.
Before the fight, this seems like terrible matchmaking. Especially seeing as Shields has done nothing recently to earn a main event spot against a top 5 contender.

But these things are always hard to predict. Beltran-Maldonado should be an epic brawl, so chances are it will bore the shit out of us.

If they stand it's not going to be very good I'd imagine yes LOL. I think Stun Gun has a better chance then he's being given for sure too. I think he may be able to control Silva.

The seeming lack of love for these two fights makes no sense to me.

TTT

Lazer MMA - 
The seeming lack of love for these two fights makes no sense to me.

I hear ya brother, the whole main card is underrated, all solid match up's 

Agreed on that too Darth

TTT

Erick Silva wins. Phone Post

I won't be making any bets on this card.I think Maia and Silva should be the favorites but Shields and Stun gun are both very underrated.The Pierce/Palhares fight is another tough one to predict, although leaning Pierce after weigh ins today.

I HOPE we see some ground action in Maia/Shields.I found Maia/Fitch a very interesting fight even though it was mostly just Maia Fitching Fitch.I love when we see two high level grapplers engage, was disappointed that we never saw Mir/Barnett hit the mat, besides Mir dropping after being KO'd. Phone Post 3.0

I swear if Shields/Maia becomes a FOTY candidate I will shit bricks Phone Post