Majority International fighters pissin' HOT.....

Santo Amaro - 
SinCityHustler -
Santo Amaro - 
SinCityHustler - Fantastic information, Santo. Thank you for posting.

It's pretty common knowledge the Olympics and most professional sports are just flooded with cheaters. Professional MMA is no different. The surprising thing is how many fans still pull the old "he never tested positive" card, incredibly believing if you're using, you will be busted. I've seen it first hand, when a fighter dopes up and then passes his test. The naivety involved in not realizing nearly all the top competitors are dirty is simply astounding.I liken it to when the last kid who didn't know about Santa Clause being make believe, insisted he was real. The rest of the kids made fun and laughed. Then the loan believer would cry.

Agreed. There are still some clean fighters and clean camps though. I did a fantastic interview with Tom Watson - you can be assured that guy never touched PEDs in his life. I think that PEDs are so rampant its not even worth second guessing any more.

I now tend to just give a fighter the benefit of the doubt until a fail. Unless their is an extreme change (which truthfully just shows either lack of finance/guidance or naivitey on the fighters part in terms of cheating). I know many fighters cheat - they feel (and quite possibly rightly) that they have to cheat to hang at the top - but there are still clean fighters so it does a dis-service to call everyone with a good physique or a natural gift a cheater IMO

The good physique I usually chalk up to good nutrition, genetics, and lots of hard work. It's the endless gas tanks, the seemingly unstoppable work rate in training. One past MMA great told us he would work out every day, several sessions per day, and then want to train even more. We all know the human body just can't do that. Clearly PED's are at work in some of the insane training regimens, some of these guys keep up.

Personally, I have no problem with PED's. I thin k they should be allowed. It definitely makes for better competition. We've seen MMA since USADA with a big drop of in most performances. One well known fighter underwent his own testing, and promptly feel off a cliff in his final bout, before retiring. It's pretty much common sense who's out there abusing the stuff. Again, I'd much rather it be legal and just let them put on their best performances, as opposed to the neutered version of guys we see more and more.

Agree entirely with the first bit. Second bit not so much unless everyone could afford them and they were all the same - like a couple of competing PED company sponsors the UFC like Dunlop sponsor teams in F1 - so everyone regardless of financial status had a fair shake of the boot - but then you have the long term implications of both PED use and the training it allows to consider... tricky ground!

Those are good points.

You'd likely have guys making their calculated gambles on how far they're willing to go. Some would go all in and juice to hell and back, for that extra edge.

Jon Jones had interesting comments after the fights, on Saturday night, commenting USADA has led to some poor performances. Interesting, Jones stands out as suddenly packing on significant muscle, and then having a very poor outing.

SinCityHustler -
Santo Amaro - 
SinCityHustler -
Santo Amaro - 
SinCityHustler - Fantastic information, Santo. Thank you for posting.

It's pretty common knowledge the Olympics and most professional sports are just flooded with cheaters. Professional MMA is no different. The surprising thing is how many fans still pull the old "he never tested positive" card, incredibly believing if you're using, you will be busted. I've seen it first hand, when a fighter dopes up and then passes his test. The naivety involved in not realizing nearly all the top competitors are dirty is simply astounding.I liken it to when the last kid who didn't know about Santa Clause being make believe, insisted he was real. The rest of the kids made fun and laughed. Then the loan believer would cry.

Agreed. There are still some clean fighters and clean camps though. I did a fantastic interview with Tom Watson - you can be assured that guy never touched PEDs in his life. I think that PEDs are so rampant its not even worth second guessing any more.

I now tend to just give a fighter the benefit of the doubt until a fail. Unless their is an extreme change (which truthfully just shows either lack of finance/guidance or naivitey on the fighters part in terms of cheating). I know many fighters cheat - they feel (and quite possibly rightly) that they have to cheat to hang at the top - but there are still clean fighters so it does a dis-service to call everyone with a good physique or a natural gift a cheater IMO

The good physique I usually chalk up to good nutrition, genetics, and lots of hard work. It's the endless gas tanks, the seemingly unstoppable work rate in training. One past MMA great told us he would work out every day, several sessions per day, and then want to train even more. We all know the human body just can't do that. Clearly PED's are at work in some of the insane training regimens, some of these guys keep up.

Personally, I have no problem with PED's. I thin k they should be allowed. It definitely makes for better competition. We've seen MMA since USADA with a big drop of in most performances. One well known fighter underwent his own testing, and promptly feel off a cliff in his final bout, before retiring. It's pretty much common sense who's out there abusing the stuff. Again, I'd much rather it be legal and just let them put on their best performances, as opposed to the neutered version of guys we see more and more.

Agree entirely with the first bit. Second bit not so much unless everyone could afford them and they were all the same - like a couple of competing PED company sponsors the UFC like Dunlop sponsor teams in F1 - so everyone regardless of financial status had a fair shake of the boot - but then you have the long term implications of both PED use and the training it allows to consider... tricky ground!

Those are good points.

You'd likely have guys making their calculated gambles on how far they're willing to go. Some would go all in and juice to hell and back, for that extra edge.

Jon Jones had interesting comments after the fights, on Saturday night, commenting USADA has led to some poor performances. Interesting, Jones stands out as suddenly packing on significant muscle, and then having a very poor outing.

Pretty sure Jones was being a douche about Vitor and possibly Werdum as no one else on the card performed below thier ability. Vitor has clearly complied to USADA and has had mixed results. He did old school anabolics back in the day before anyone really cared and this was common practice and obvious, he then took TRT to fix the symptoms of damage done by steroid use whilst the UFC facilitated the loop hole for exemptions and now more than anyone Vitor has suffered the consequences (but still has a fantastic record and nearly took Jones's arm home on two weeks notice). Jones taking a swipe at Vitor is classless. Werdum? How he arrived at that assumption off the back of that performance I have no idea. And yes Jones is not one to talk if he is implying Werdums physique is in question etc. Basically i guess what I'm saying is Jones can't help himself saying childish things to get attention but i just don't think he's that intelligent. His fight IQ is through the roof but his life intellect is basement level two