Make preparations

Make preparations

"He will show you a large upper room, all furnished. Make preparations there." ( Luke, 22:12 )

That furnished "upper room" to which Jesus referred, is a perfect symbol of the internal lodging of the soul.

Viewing Nature, which offers such wonderful lessons in all areas of activity, we observe that men await each day always renewing the dispositions of the home. Here, we sweep the waste, there walls are ornamented. The furniture, usually the same ones, are put through a daily cleaning process.

The conscientious individual will recognize that the majority of his actions in the physical experience are involved in incessant preparation for the life that he will face beyond the death of the body.

If this occurs in the physical existence on Earth, what can we not say about the appropriate spiritual effort for the eternal path?

Without a doubt, numerous people will go through each day in an irrational manner, moving about mechanically. They arise from bed, feed the perishable body, are absorbed with trifles, then return to sleep again, each night.

The sincere student does know that he has reached the symbolic "upper room" of his heart. Although he is not able to change his ideas daily, as occurs with furniture in the residence, he gives them a new shine frequently, by improving the impulses, renovating conceptions, elevating wishes, and always improving the laudable qualities that he already possesses.

The individual that is simply a materialist awaits the future of a physical organic death; the spiritual individual awaits the Divine Master, in order to consolidate his personal redemption.

Do not abandon, therefore, the "upper room" of faith, and there within make preparations for constant ascension.

Our daily bread - Emmanuel - Francisco C Xavier.

---"The conscientious individual will recognize that the majority of his actions in the physical experience are involved in incessant preparation for the life that he will face beyond the death of the body.

Or the deluded individual.

Many of us do not live based on the above fantasy, and many of our actions are spent in appreciation of life in the here and now..most likely our only chance to appreciate anything. To the extent we "prepare" for anything after death, it is an attempt to add our story to the larger one being written by humanity, and hopefully leave the world a better place (especially if we have children).

Prof.

Prof

I guess you are truly a hedonist. :-)

;-)

I'm sorry Donna. I don't mean to be disrespectful to your beliefs. However, when some "guru" (Xavier) is publicly telling me what he thinks is going on inside my head I have every right to call his bluff.

Peace,

Prof.

But perhaps he is not talking about you, Prof. I guess he refers to people that are conscient about the spiritual life - which I think you do not believe at.

This thing of living day by day has two edges. The one of the hedonist and/or inconsequent, and the one that knows how to live the present with a look at the future, planning but without creating illusions.

Your position of "hopefully leave the world a better place (especially if we have children)", in my opinion, helps to reach the same attitude of those who want to be born to the spiritual life with peace of mind.

What do you think?

Well, I can certainly see the common ground there, Donna.

Thanks.

Prof.

Donna- do you believe you will only be rewarded in the next life?

MS

I think the time to rewards - consequences - comes when we are ready to receive them. In this life or the next ones, in the spiritual or the material worlds.