Making my first brisket tomorrow...

![](upload://tgSmJZXIe22TFf13lbLzlr975I4.jpeg)

3 Likes

![](upload://fUiXvDfcwEAJBIY0e0fSBMxhkhF.jpeg)

gotta let it sit in the fridge overnight, then it’s going in this beast all day

1 Like

Advice/tips?

Hellz to the yeah!

What's your game plan? Wrap? When Wrap? Target Temp, cooking temp?

1 Like

Is that an Alto knife?

Black Dougie -

Is that an Alto knife?

Sure is.

keep it low and slow. Keep the temp consistent

I just got a traeger recently but havent made a brisket yet. What did you season it with?

Keeping the temp consistent won't be a problem with that Treager

I think 225 for 10-12 hrs and internal temp of brisket around 200 should do it.

Don’t get impatient.  One of my earlier lessons.

Chris -
Black Dougie -

Is that an Alto knife?

Sure is.

Chris ballin' HARD with a Bushkill and that Timberline.

Plan on getting hooked once you take that first bite.  I smoked 2 this past weekend.

I do mine at 250, spray every hour or so with a ACV/water mix, and wrap about an hour after it goes into the stall.  My target temp is 203, but i play it by ear once it gets close.

Nothing is set in stone, and those are just guide points i use to determine when to wrap, and when i pull it off. I usually wrap when the bark is like i want it.  For me, that is usually after an hour into the stall.  When i reach 200 temp, i start to use my pen thermometer to probe the meat, and pull it when it feels like soft butter.

The best tip i can give is wrap it in a towel and let it rest in cooler for at least an hour.

In

Fuck the world, THIS is the content I need. Please update with completion photos

That sombitch looks damn tasty.  Can we all come over?

Is that a brand new smoker or do you keep it spotless? 

Black Dougie - 

Hellz to the yeah!

What's your game plan? Wrap? When Wrap? Target Temp, cooking temp?

It's actually surprising how many different methond I've read even on the Traeger recipes.

I've got it set at 225 and Super Smoke. Plan is to get it to about 160. After that I'm gonna toss it in a pyrex dish with some beef broth, apple cider vinegar, worcestershire sauce, and some water. Cover that with foil and cook it to 200. Then I'll toss it the cooler to rest an hour.

fathalpert - 

I just got a traeger recently but havent made a brisket yet. What did you season it with?

Traeger's 'Traeger Rub'

pahulkster - 

Is that a brand new smoker or do you keep it spotless? 

This is my first cook. Arrived and assembled yesterday.

Chris - 

Advice/tips?

dont burn down the house