Making my own forge and anvil!

Hey guys!

I got the idea to blacksmith from our resident knife maker Altofsky. I started watching YouTube videos on how to do a forge and anvil from pretty much scratch. I could easily just drop money on this soon to be hobby, but I thought making all my own stuff from the start would be even better!

I'm in the process of starting the table for the forge. All I have in my shop is a giant wooden workbench and I couldn't very well set a hot forge on that. So, I asked my father in law what metal he had laying around. I found a nice sized piece of 1/4 plate that was 19 1/2 X 481/2 inches. I also found various other pieces. I'll just let you see what I've done so far with what I've had to start with.

Once I'm done with the table I'll put the pieces in a list of what I used to build the forge.

Enjoy! Phone Post 3.0

Please post your materials for sure. I have access to so much steel scrap and a plasma CNC table. Phone Post 3.0

Please post your materials for sure. I have access to so much steel scrap and a plasma CNC table. Phone Post 3.0

I just had to cut a circle in the table with a grinder. I'm too impatient to wait til tomorrow to fill my torch tanks. I would love a plasma cutter! Phone Post 3.0

TTTeh

You HAVE to post pictures of the work in progress!

This is what I started with.

I had to cut down the angle iron from the first piece to fit the width of my plate. Once done I welded the angle iron together and set the plate inside. I didn't have anymore plate to fit the outline of my table, but I did have some strips of plate to cut and put inside.

Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

You're gonna forge your eye out kid. Phone Post 3.0

Ghost of Sex_Guy - Phone Post 3.0
This is the first pic that didn't take. I'm not reporting the second. It's just a different angle of this. Phone Post 3.0

This is what it looked like once it was cut to size.

Phone Post 3.0

With the big piece of plate.

Phone Post 3.0

Another one of the table pre weld. All the scattered pieces and the hole I cut with a fucking grinder. That was a pain in the ass.

Phone Post 3.0

Now I'm going to get back to welding In the pieces and grinding it down. Pics in about 30. Phone Post 3.0

Nice Phone Post 3.0

That's awesome Phone Post 3.0

I wish I had that kind of knowledge. I have no idea how to weld shit or working with metal. Phone Post 3.0

tikmovado -
Ghost of Sex_Guy - Now I'm going to get back to welding In the pieces and grinding it down. Pics in about 30. Phone Post 3.0

Bullshit....This post sucks with waiting.

Go play DayZ faggot! ;) Phone Post 3.0

Metabo grinders ftw Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0