Making my own forge and anvil!

sourcheese - I wish I had that kind of knowledge. I have no idea how to weld shit or working with metal. Phone Post 3.0
I suck at it! Only way to get better is to play with it.... Phone Post 3.0

I reccomend "the art of blacksmithing" Phone Post 3.0

15 more minutes and I'll show off my shitty beads. Phone Post 3.0

My shitty beads so far.

Phone Post 3.0

Ran out of wire! Will continue tomorrow after work. :(

Phone Post 3.0

Profile of how long the table is.

Phone Post 3.0

Awesome work space. So jealous. Phone Post 3.0

Only partially to be a dick, but dear god man..those are beads from a wire feed too?! Do you have parkinsons? Lol Phone Post 3.0

Well, I'm fucking jealous. At least you can weld.

I mean, I'm sure I could, just haven't gotten around to learning.

But now you've opened up the flood gates for questions, and I'm damn sure curious...

What are you gonna be using the rest of the table for? Workbench? What sort of blower were you thinking of? Got any hammers lined up for yourself? Cross pein? Chasing? Texturing? If so, PICS!!!

Nice job cutting that hole with the angle grinder by the way. Obviously not your first rodeo on that bull.

If I may be so bold, just one suggestion... the area in front of the pit where you'll be standing and placing your workpieces into the coals... cut out a small piece of the lip, maybe 3 inches in length. It'll allow your workpiece a better angle of approach to the center of the forge. Though, you've probably already thought of that. :)

If you've got any questions, feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to assist. Can't wait to see this completed.

Phone Post 3.0

fucking cool man, in for later pics Phone Post 3.0

Aaaand another question...

Will you be using the forge for heat treating as well as smithing the blades? If so, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction for steel that'll harden up properly with coal and oil.

Alto is the man. Phone Post 3.0

HongKongaBong - Only partially to be a dick, but dear god man..those are beads from a wire feed too?! Do you have parkinsons? Lol Phone Post 3.0
Haha! I told you they were bad! I'm trying to weld on a piece of metal 2 1/2 feet off the ground. I already suck at welding pretty beads, this just makes it harder for me. Phone Post 3.0

Altofsky -

Well, I'm fucking jealous. At least you can weld.

I mean, I'm sure I could, just haven't gotten around to learning.

But now you've opened up the flood gates for questions, and I'm damn sure curious...

What are you gonna be using the rest of the table for? Workbench? What sort of blower were you thinking of? Got any hammers lined up for yourself? Cross pein? Chasing? Texturing? If so, PICS!!!

Nice job cutting that hole with the angle grinder by the way. Obviously not your first rodeo on that bull.

If I may be so bold, just one suggestion... the area in front of the pit where you'll be standing and placing your workpieces into the coals... cut out a small piece of the lip, maybe 3 inches in length. It'll allow your workpiece a better angle of approach to the center of the forge. Though, you've probably already thought of that. :)

If you've got any questions, feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to assist. Can't wait to see this completed.

Ok:

I am cutting the from lip and sides off once welding is completed.

I am using the rest of the table as a work bench. I still have to mount my grinder and vice so the front and side lips have to come off.

The blower I'm using is either a air up mattress blower or an inflatable castle blower;) it's free.

The hammer is a 3 pound cross pein hammer I just bought from tractor supply.

Just got home so I'm starting again. Phone Post 3.0

shootfightermike - 
torquemada -  I don't think that's her but there was a photo spread of her and some dude as i recall.

And, of course, the infamous meat curtain pictures. Phone Post

her giant pussy actually scares me

if this guy doesn't like it, you know there is something wrong!

Supplies for the night!

Phone Post 3.0

In like the cripple boy on BB Phone Post 3.0

Ghost of Sex_Guy -
HongKongaBong - Only partially to be a dick, but dear god man..those are beads from a wire feed too?! Do you have parkinsons? Lol Phone Post 3.0
Haha! I told you they were bad! I'm trying to weld on a piece of metal 2 1/2 feet off the ground. I already suck at welding pretty beads, this just makes it harder for me. Phone Post 3.0
Just fuckin with ya man. I appreciate you sharing this and its a bad ass project. Phone Post 3.0

HongKongaBong -
Ghost of Sex_Guy -
Just fuckin with ya man. I appreciate you sharing this and its a bad ass project. Phone Post 3.0
I assumed so since I already said I sucked ;)

After this I have to finish putting a gasoline engine on my sons monster truck I made last year. He is getting mad at me and rightfully so. Phone Post 3.0