Man Faked a Coma For Two Years

A con artist who pretended to be in a coma every time he wanted to get out of court apparently managed to keep the charade going for more than two years.

Police in South Wales say 47-year-old Alan Knight—who had also been illegally living off benefits by pretending to be a quadriplegic—had spent about three years conning his neighbor out of $65,000 when he came up on their radar.

He told authorities he had injured his spine in a garage door accident, paralyzing him from the neck down and causing seizures that occasionally put him into a coma. His wife played along with the charade, "caring" for him at the hospital and pushing his wheelchair into court.

But the imaginative conman got busted after the court was presented with CCTV footage of Knight—un-paralyzed, very-much-awake—driving and shopping at a supermarket.

His doctors also reportedly discovered something was amiss when their coma patient began "eating, wiping his face and even writing."

Detectives also note Knight is kind of an asshole:

Jim Davis, prosecuting, who did not open the case, said another aggravating feature was that Knight had made a "totally false" attempt to blame his own son for the offences.

You're telling me for two years no one tried farting in this dudes face?

First thing that came to my mind is when you have to itch but you have to be in a coma I couldn't do it Phone Post 3.0

Jeez man, just do a year or two in jail. That has to be better than acting like you are in a coma all the damn time. 

This is why you should always stick needles into paralyzed people, just to see.

"But the imaginative conman got busted after the court was presented with CCTV footage of Knight—un-paralyzed, very-much-awake—driving and shopping at a supermarket."

It's a miracle! Phone Post 3.0

BigWilliam - This is why you should always stick needles into paralyzed people, just to see.

Not Florida ?

BigWilliam - This is why you should always stick needles into paralyzed people, just to see.

That was my thought. Get one of those long sumbitches and ram it up his dick hole

That's why you need Buck who likes to fuck.

Thats nothing, my ex faked orgasms for four years

"Thats nothing, my ex faked orgasms for four years"
They seemed pretty real to me.

TzTinkle - You're telling me for two years no one tried farting in this dudes face?
Lmfao... Vu Phone Post 3.0

Hunter Thompson's .45 - 
Phuckles -

I'm handicap and I am an advocate of randomly stabbing limbs to prove paralyzation.

Ricky Bobby with a knife in his leg is also my Halloween costume for this year. Yes I'm dead serious and yes I'll post pics. Phone Post 3.0

handicapable IMO

jdindiana - "But the imaginative conman got busted after the court was presented with CCTV footage of Knight—un-paralyzed, very-much-awake—driving and shopping at a supermarket."

It's a miracle! Phone Post 3.0

Maybe he was a soccer player. They are known for getting severely injured and then heal in a moment. The Judge should have given the Prosecutor a Red Card and saw if the guy could walk.

edward nigma - Not Florida ?

to be fair

isn't south wales the West Virginia of the UK???

it's guys like him that ruin comas for all us good people Phone Post 3.0

I No Kung Foo - "Thats nothing, my ex faked orgasms for four years"
They seemed pretty real to me.

Don't feel too bad - Elastic Assassin is kind of a major player in regional theater

I guess this explains WALES1 occasional absences from the forum. He was in a coma.

Buster bluth is at it again I see Phone Post 3.0