Man Law Question

A real good friend is turning 36 in a few weeks. Good guy, former marine, works 60 hrs a week to give his wife & 2 young daughters everything he can give them. Paramedic, I was his FTO and then partner for a few years. He's a straight OGer, all the way.

So his wife is throwing a bash for him, but I won't be able to be there (as it stands.... but I'm workin on it).

I bought him a set of decent field knives for hunting, nicer than he'd ever spend in himself. I was thinking of having them engraved with something.

Question 1) Is that gay?
Question 2) If its not gay, I am.wide open to suggestions. A cool saying, or his initials, or the date, or.....???

OG, I bow to your wisdom.

-MM Phone Post 3.0

Not gay Phone Post 3.0

Not gay as long as you don't put some shitty saying or injoke. Initials only Phone Post 3.0

"To loves eternal glory" Phone Post 3.0

MickColins - Not gay as long as you don't put some shitty saying or injoke. Initials only Phone Post 3.0
Agreed. Initials would be good Phone Post 3.0

MountainMedic - A real good friend is turning 36 in a few weeks. Good guy, former marine, works 60 hrs a week to give his wife & 2 young daughters everything he can give them. Paramedic, I was his FTO and then partner for a few years. He's a straight OGer, all the way.

So his wife is throwing a bash for him, but I won't be able to be there (as it stands.... but I'm workin on it).

I bought him a set of decent field knives for hunting, nicer than he'd ever spend in himself. I was thinking of having them engraved with something.

Question 1) Is that gay?
Question 2) If its not gay, I am.wide open to suggestions. A cool saying, or his initials, or the date, or.....???

OG, I bow to your wisdom.

-MM Phone Post 3.0
Not gay, but I personally would rather not have any engraving on my knives. Phone Post 3.0

Engrave:

U MY BFF NOW? 

"I want your sting" Phone Post 3.0

Maybe his last name so someday he can pass them down to his son/kids whatever Phone Post 3.0

Meekie -
MickColins - Not gay as long as you don't put some shitty saying or injoke. Initials only Phone Post 3.0
Agreed. Initials would be good Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0

I would pass on engraving and just give the knives Phone Post 3.0

=

I can't quit you..
Love always, mountainmedic Phone Post 3.0

It would only be gay if you had this engraved:

"To remind you of the last time I gave you a hard 10 inches."

Serious answer, since you guys were Paramedics together, perhaps the symbol that Paramedics use, e.g., Star of Life.

Personally, I don't like having any incriminating evidence on any of my blades, e.g., initials or names, since you never know when and how you'll use it/have to dispose of it.

By the way, a bit of superstition, but request a penny for the knives, so that the gift doesn't "sever" the friendship.

pinoy413 - Maybe his last name so someday he can pass them down to his son/kids whatever Phone Post 3.0
I agree with either something like his surname or no engraving. Phone Post 3.0

Mihow - Engrave something nonsensical and die

You'll live forever in memory Phone Post 3.0
A sailboat? Phone Post 3.0

Cire -
pinoy413 - Maybe his last name so someday he can pass them down to his son/kids whatever Phone Post 3.0
I agree with either something like his surname or no engraving. Phone Post 3.0
He's got a cool last name, and that's what everybody call him. Phone Post 3.0