Man Leaves Infant in Car -- Legit Mistake?

He searched on his computer "how long does it take for a dog to die in a hit car". Phone Post 3.0

Zukes - Except it does happen.

http://time.com/2902520/child-forgotten-car-deaths/

all of them are retarded fucking morons that should kill themselves

Dirty Dick Slater - He searched on his computer "how long does it take for a dog to die in a hit car". Phone Post 3.0

yep, what the fuck is up with that?

mjeezy - 
Barbasol OOTFFTT - They say the guy even went to his car in the middle of the day. The wife is being looked at as well.
I tried pasting a news story about it but I can't from app.

Apparently he searched "how long it takes an animal to die in a hot car" or some shit.

This is fucked. Phone Post 3.0

he must be so fuckin stupid that he thought his kid would be fine that long in the car

Aaron Becker - 

I really don't think so man. Not in cases where it was purely an incredibly tragic mistake. People are human, and make mistakes. Read the article carefully, it shows how we get in routines and easily can get on autopilot and make a mistake like this, however tragic the result.

Should someone who accidentally forgot to latch the pool gate (even though they thought they latched it) kill themselves if their child accidentally drowns?

Should someone who accidentally left the stove burner on (even though they thought they turned it off), leading to the death of their child kill themselves?

To me, the answer is no.

Now in this case, it seems this piece of shit did this on purpose and there was malice present. This fuck should die.

Aaron Becker -
mjeezy - 
Barbasol OOTFFTT - They say the guy even went to his car in the middle of the day. The wife is being looked at as well.

Apparently he searched "how long it takes an animal to die in a hot car" or some shit.

he must be so fuckin stupid that he thought his kid would be fine that long in the car

You're kidding right??? Phone Post 3.0

mjeezy - 
Aaron Becker -
mjeezy - 

he googled "how long can an animal stay in a car" or something like that. Just googling that, there's no way he wasn't thinking about his kid or he is fuckin retarded

Anyone with a functioning brain should know leaving a child in car for 7 hrs is deadly. No excuse. Phone Post 3.0

mjeezy - Anyone with a functioning brain should know leaving a child in car for 7 hrs is deadly. No excuse. Phone Post 3.0

and his brain does not work correctly

This whole story keeps getting stranger and stranger.

The new developments being reported today include the information about him going out to the car over lunch and leaving the child in the car yet again and also that a review of the internet search history on his work computer included a search about how long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car.

At the same time, the latest warrant DOWNGRADES the child cruelty charge from first degree to second degree, indicating criminal negligence instead of intent.

So while new details coming out seem to indicate more possibility of intentional action, the actual charges are being downgraded. Strange.

:(

Zukes -
Aaron Becker - 

I really don't think so man. Not in cases where it was purely an incredibly tragic mistake. People are human, and make mistakes. Read the article carefully, it shows how we get in routines and easily can get on autopilot and make a mistake like this, however tragic the result.

Should someone who accidentally forgot to latch the pool gate (even though they thought they latched it) kill themselves if their child accidentally drowns?

Should someone who accidentally left the stove burner on (even though they thought they turned it off), leading to the death of their child kill themselves?

To me, the answer is no.

Now in this case, it seems this piece of shit did this on purpose and there was malice present. This fuck should die.
Voted up for being one of the few reasonable people in this thread. People make mistakes. When we leave the phone in the car, even though it's a critical work tool, no one thinks we're a terrible employee who should kill himself. If you forget the kid in the car, you are a horrible parent and deserve to die. But it's the same mistake. It's drastically different consequences of course, but the mistake is the same. A change in routine caused you to forget. Saying "you can't forget your kids in the car" is just ignoring how the brain functions. Phone Post 3.0

MayorPirkle - 
Zukes -
Aaron Becker - 

To me, the answer is no.

Voted up for being one of the few reasonable people in this thread. People make mistakes. When we leave the phone in the car, even though it's a critical work tool, no one thinks we're a terrible employee who should kill himself. If you forget the kid in the car, you are a horrible parent and deserve to die. But it's the same mistake. It's drastically different consequences of course, but the mistake is the same. A change in routine caused you to forget. Saying "you can't forget your kids in the car" is just ignoring how the brain functions. Phone Post 3.0

It's not quite the same mistake, really. There is a pretty fundamental difference between your phone and your child.

Have you ever forgotten where you put your phone and had to spend hours retracing your steps to locate it? Sure. Have you ever forgotten where you left your child and had to spend hours retracing steps to locate him/her? Probably not. Forgetting a phone and forgetting a child aren't "the same mistake" just with different consequences -- they are fundamentally different mistakes.

I absolutely think it is probably possible somebody could just make a terrible mistake and forget. And if it truly is/was a terrible mistake, there is really no punishment that could ever be worse than having to live with that. At the same time, I'm not so sure I can buy not remembering at all throughout a 7 1/2 hour day. Especially if you return to the car in the middle of the day and for some reason have reason to google how long an animal can live in a hot car. And I don't know if this was ever a mistake or something more sinister. We'll see, I guess. But I certainly don't subscribe to the "it's easy to see how somebody could just forget their child -- I mean, we've all lost our car keys before" kind of mentality. It's not the same thing.

Yeah, the details now 

1. He goes to breakfast (seemingly brings the kid in) @ the Chick Fila that is literally 2 minutes or less from Home Depot headquarters...then goes to work and he leaves the kid in the car (pretending he forgot).

2. He has searched for "How long does it take for an animal to die in a hot car" on his work computer.

3. He went back out to the car @ lunch (likely to check on his handiwork)

4. He got in the car and drove 10 minutes or more into a public place before "remembering" his kid...

Charged with Felony Murder...

Fucking disgusting. 

Story makes me sick to my stomach. Fuck is wrong with people. Phone Post 3.0

Aaron Becker - 
mjeezy - 
Aaron Becker -
mjeezy - 

he googled "how long can an animal stay in a car" or something like that. Just googling that, there's no way he wasn't thinking about his kid or he is fuckin retarded

I think what mjeezy might be thinking (just because this is what I thought) is that the guy didn't look it up to see how long his could survive, but rather how long it would take for him to die.

It's like googling 'How long can I bury someone alive?'. Well, if you're burying someone alive, you probably don't intend to get them out, but you might be interesting in knowing how long they would suffer.

More MMA! Means winning... Phone Post

lock his ass in a car for 7 hours in 91 degree heat. If he lives he gets off

Ga. father charged with murder did Internet search on kids dying in cars, warrant says

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/29/ga-father-charged-with-murder-did-internet-search-on-kids-dying-in-cars-warrant/ Phone Post 3.0

Mr. Wright -
Kierkegaard - 
MayorPirkle - 
Zukes -
Aaron Becker - 

To me, the answer is no.

It's not quite the same mistake, really. There is a pretty fundamental difference between your phone and your child.

Have you ever forgotten where you put your phone and had to spend hours retracing your steps to locate it? Sure. Have you ever forgotten where you left your child and had to spend hours retracing steps to locate him/her? Probably not. Forgetting a phone and forgetting a child aren't "the same mistake" just with different consequences -- they are fundamentally different mistakes.

I absolutely think it is probably possible somebody could just make a terrible mistake and forget. And if it truly is/was a terrible mistake, there is really no punishment that could ever be worse than having to live with that. At the same time, I'm not so sure I can buy not remembering at all throughout a 7 1/2 hour day. Especially if you return to the car in the middle of the day and for some reason have reason to google how long an animal can live in a hot car. And I don't know if this was ever a mistake or something more sinister. We'll see, I guess. But I certainly don't subscribe to the "it's easy to see how somebody could just forget their child -- I mean, we've all lost our car keys before" kind of mentality. It's not the same thing.

this.

when my wife and i were new parents, we left our son in the car once when we got home for about 10 minutes one night after an extremely long day. we both sat down, took our shoes off and were turning on the tv when my wife saw that our sons light was on in his room, which meant he wasn't sleeping, which meant he should be with us, but he wasn't, so we freaked and ran out to the car. he was asleep, but we were freaking out. hasn't happened since.

and a legit lol at the person that compares forgetting where you left your keys/phone to forgetting where you left your kid...

Lol @ your comprehension. Obviously your phone is different than your kid. What I said was, the same reason you forget your phone is the same reason you forget your kid. You have a routine. Some anomaly occurs in the routine. This is what causes you to forget.

Say you always put your phone on top of your next morning's clothes at night to charge. Next morning, you realize cat kicked the charger out of the wall and battery is dead, so you take clothes and leave it there. You continue your routine, shower, brush teeth, grab coffee. This is when you forget your phone, because normally at this point it's already in your pocket and you don't click that today is different because you just did 10 things exactly the same as you always do.

Now say you're dropping off your kid. Road to the daycare is blocked, so you take a different route. The route takes you past the drive thru where you get your coffee AFTER dropping your kid off, only today it's before. You say I'll grab my coffee now and won't have to later. You leave the coffee shop, and your routine is to go to work right after. You forget your kid is in the back because at this point in your routine, he's never in the back.

Lol @ it all you want, this is how science says it works. Obviously they are different in terms of importance, but if you're capable of one, you're capable of the other. Your story is the perfect example of that. Phone Post 3.0