MMA Underground Forums

Man Leaves Infant in Car -- Legit Mistake?

I remember a few years ago as I was walking into a supermarket I noticed a car with smoke starting to come from under the hood.
I alerted the security guard who handed me a CO2 extinguisher and I tried to put out the fire while the store called the fire department and the owner of the vehicle.
After 3 extinguishers were empty and the flames were licking out of the hood the owner arrived and handed me the keys.
I opened the car and popped the hood and attempted to put the fire out now it was accesible.
As this was the last extinguisher I told the owner that if I couldn't put it out I would have to stand back and just let it burn.

Luckily I managed to put the fire out just as the fire department turned up.

I handed the keys back to the owner.......who then climbed into the back seat and carried out a baby who can have only been a few days old.

Why the fuck the bitch didnt tell me there was a baby in there I have no idea.

Dr_Han - I remember a few years ago as I was walking into a supermarket I noticed a car with smoke starting to come from under the hood.
I alerted the security guard who handed me a CO2 extinguisher and I tried to put out the fire while the store called the fire department and the owner of the vehicle.
After 3 extinguishers were empty and the flames were licking out of the hood the owner arrived and handed me the keys.
I opened the car and popped the hood and attempted to put the fire out now it was accesible.
As this was the last extinguisher I told the owner that if I couldn't put it out I would have to stand back and just let it burn.

I handed the keys back to the owner.......who then climbed into the back seat and carried out a baby who can have only been a few days old.

Voted up, that was a righteous act that I am sure stressed the pee out of you. Phone Post 3.0

Dr_Han - I remember a few years ago as I was walking into a supermarket I noticed a car with smoke starting to come from under the hood.

Wow. VTFU to u man.

I have a 9 month old daughter. I get hit in the head alot and there's no way I could forget about her being in the car. If I did and something happened, they wouldn't need to worry about wasting tax dollars on me, as I'd find a way to end it myself. Phone Post 3.0

Dr_Han - I remember a few years ago as I was walking into a supermarket I noticed a car with smoke starting to come from under the hood.

Holy shit...with all the adrenaline flowing, I might have smacked the owner when I saw the child. VU

This is going to be a tough conviction to get. At least it would be in Florida. The guy supposedly told the cops willingly that he had searched online how long it would take a kid or animal to die in a hot car because he was afraid for it to ever happen to his kid. His story is going to be, "Oh my God, how could I have accidentally done this thing that I was so afraid i would accidentally do someday?" And if he did that search months ago, rather than the same day or day before, his story leaves room for reasonable doubt. Unless a lot more evidence comes up against him, this could be a difficult case to win.

For every single person on this thread, if anyone, God forbid, accidentally leaves their kid in the hot car, this thread would be found and considered evidence, and would make us look just as bad as this guy. I'm not saying the guy didn't do it intentionally, but the online search isn't much in terms of evidence and as I demonstrated, could be misleading.

His wife also searched that info online. It's all a little too fishy for me. Phone Post 3.0

recently the Supreme Court ruled that law enforcement need to get a warrant to search ones phone. I am wondering what lead law enforcement to search this guys computer in the first place and whether a warrent was needed.

I agree it's very very fishy and a good chance this was intentional. I'm just wondering what kid of evidence it's really going to take to convict on something like this. They need some sort of negative past stuff where the kid got injured in a suspicious way or people who these people confided in that they had issues or concerns regarding the kid.

Fuck, I would kill myself.

I meet her when I worked Lowe's, she worked in the paint department. We fucked on and off for about a year, she had glaucoma and some thick glasses, but had an amazing body and pretty face. She had some mental issues, on a bunch of anti depression meds. Some of the craziest sex I've ever had, always wanted to try pegging me but I shot it down when she asked. I went to her apartment to drink with her and she talked me into putting her finger in my ass. I would have made her my woman but I had trust issues and the anti depression meds always weirded me out. Also she had a weird obsession with Michael Jackson...

rushinbear - recently the Supreme Court ruled that law enforcement need to get a warrant to search ones phone. I am wondering what lead law enforcement to search this guys computer in the first place and whether a warrent was needed.

if it was at work just the companies say so is good.

I could be terribly naive, but don't you have to call your kid off daycare if they aren't going to be in for the day, kind of like school or work?

So if he had also forgot to do that wouldn't the daycare be checking with the parents about the whereabouts of the kid? Phone Post 3.0

Dongbar - I could be terribly naive, but don't you have to call your kid off daycare if they aren't going to be in for the day, kind of like school or work?

So if he had also forgot to do that wouldn't the daycare be checking with the parents about the whereabouts of the kid? Phone Post 3.0
Also, have they done a toxicology report on the infant? Dad probably gave the infant Benadryl, otherwise wouldn't the kid have said something to the dad? Phone Post 3.0

I'm sorry but how the fuck do you forget your kid is in the car?  Just doesn't seem possible to me.  Guy deserves to be charged with murder.    I have 3 and have never, ever forgotten that they were in the vehicle with me.

Ok, not quite the same situation but this just goes to show how it is not only "ordinary" people who can forget their kids.<br /><br />http://www.theweek.co.uk/uk-news/47353/david-cameron-leaves-8-year-old-daughter-behind-pub

whatupyo - 

I'm sorry but how the fuck do you forget your kid is in the car?  Just doesn't seem possible to me.  Guy deserves to be charged with murder.    I have 3 and have never, ever forgotten that they were in the vehicle with me.

I'm not defending this guy, but not everybody associates themselves with events the same way you do. Everybody's mind works differently. Some people are obsessive compulsive, and check the front door 75 times to make sure it is locked. Some people forget to lock the door. No, its not the same thing, but the point is that different people's minds work in different ways.

Dongbar - I could be terribly naive, but don't you have to call your kid off daycare if they aren't going to be in for the day, kind of like school or work?

My kids day care never called if he was out. They'd just assume he was sick and I had to stay in and take care of him since they don't allow sick kids to stay. Phone Post 3.0

Gritty -

Lulz from cnn comments page

This would have never happened if the father were Black.

They don't leave kids in the car.

Hard to leave a kid in your car when you've never met him.

Nice burn. Lol

Holy shit hahaha Phone Post 3.0

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/dad-hot-car-death-was-sexting-other-women-police-say-n147326

he suburban Atlanta father accused of killing his toddler son by leaving him inside a hot SUV for hours had been sending nude photographs to women the day his son died and had looked at websites that promoted a life without children, a detective testified Thursday.

Justin Ross Harris, 33, of Marietta, who is charged with murder, was in an unhappy marriage and wanted a "child-free life," said Cobb County Det. Phil Stoddard.

A judge denied a $50,000 bond and ruled there was probable cause to move forward with the case. The man will remain in jail.

Harris' 22-month-old son Cooper was found dead in the back seat of the family SUV on June 18. The father claims he drove to work and didn't realize his son was strapped in the back into a car seat.

But Stoddard testified that Harris had been leading a double life, sexting with several women, including a 17-year-old girl. He and his wife also had two life insurance policies for the toddler.

But defense attorney Maddox Kilgore said the lewd texting doesn't constitute evidence of his client's alleged wanton disregard for his son.

"There's nothing per se nefarious about it in this context," Kilgore said, adding that there is no evidence showing that Harris knowingly left Cooper in the car seat.

“An accident doesn't become a crime because the results were catastrophic,” he added.

While his attorney spoke, Harris started to cry and wiped tears away with a tissue.

Winston Milling, who went to college with Harris and also interned with him at Home Depot, testified that the defendant was a loving father.

"He was always happy, Cooper was always smiling,” he said, adding that he had gone out to lunch with Harris and a third individual the day the boy died and noticed nothing out of the ordinary about his friend's behavior.

— with reporting by Erik Ortiz