Man of Steel & Dragonball Z?

I'm sure I can't be the first person to think this, but it blew my mind to see Man of Steel and realize how much Superman's story has in common with Goku's.

-Both sent to Earth before their planets were destroyed
-Both crashed into crop fields/were originally discovered by farmers
-Both alien badasses hiding out amongst the human race, they've come to love and will defend with their lives.

Then Superman's whole relationship with Zod is very similar to Goku and Vegeta's.

-Both Zod and Vegeta are the proud heirs to their race, and have had top tier training.
-Vegeta came to Earth to recruit or kill Goku just as Zod did for Cal-el
-Despite their training and lack of mercy that should give them an edge, Zod and Vegeta are defeated by the Earth raised refugees because of their passion for the human race that doesn't really accept them.

And of course the fight between Cal-el and Zod was very Dragonball-ish. One of the Kryptonians was even named Nam-Ek, so Snyder or the writer must be a fan.

I know a lot more about the DBZ universe than the DC universe though. How much did DBZ copy from Superman, and the other way around?

They are both Jesus ripoffs.

leifdawg - They are both Jesus ripoffs.

People say that about everything

thanks for the spoilers fuckles

Superman was first but they are similar good observation op. Phone Post

The whole idea of Superman is stupid. Does Goku go change in a phone booth before becoming a SS? Then when he comes out, nobody recognizes him or puts two and two together?

Superman is a dork.. Goku is badass. Phone Post

ArtMinaj - The whole idea of Superman is stupid. Does Goku go change in a phone booth before becoming a SS? Then when he comes out, nobody recognizes him or puts two and two together?

gohan does Phone Post

Vegeta would kick Superman's ass!

TX_432 - 

Superman was first but they are similar good observation op. Phone Post

Yeah I know he has a good 45 years or so on DBZ, but I don't know how much of the Superman story has evolved over the years.

Dan O'Connell - Vegeta would kick Superman's ass!

Yeah I feel like he should.

I thought it was bullshit that Cal-el would be able to beat Zod. Goku trained to be a great fighter his whole life, so when Vegeta showed up it was somewhat believable that Goku could win. Clark Kent was fucking around on fishing boats and whatnot and I'm supposed to believe he's able to beat down the leader of his planet's military forces??

Doublevision - 
ArtMinaj - The whole idea of Superman is stupid. Does Goku go change in a phone booth before becoming a SS? Then when he comes out, nobody recognizes him or puts two and two together?

gohan does Phone Post

That was done for comedy reasons. 

Doublevision -

gohan does Phone Post

Lol! Phone Post

TX_432 - 
Doublevision -

gohan does Phone Post

Lol! Phone Post

Gohan is a punk bitch and doesn't count

Cool I realized this when I first saw DBZ over 10 years ago! Phone Post

superman wishes he could turn into a motherfucking great ape Phone Post 3.0