Man of Steel second watch through

Got the MoS bluray. Watched it for the second time and first since I saw it in the Theater. Better than I remember it. Really loved the scenes with Pa Kent. Computer animated Jor El scenes were very cool. Loved how they worked it. Loved Chris Meloni as the Colonel. Loved how they finally seemed to get Supes' and the Kryptonian's power set right. Understood why he killed Zod.

Still flawed. Still hated Lois Lane and Amy Adams as Lois Lane.

Best moment for me when watching the movie...

Zod: There's only one way this ends, Kal! Either you die, or I do!

My Wife: That's two ways.

lulz

Tell your wife that black guy she's banging scrambled her brains cuz it could only be one of those 2 ways. Duh.

Exclusive OR statement logic.
One or the other not both. Phone Post 3.0

I've seen it like 9 times now.

My favorite scenes are:

1. When Clark screams as his dad gets carried away by the tornado. Although I thought this point in the plot was fairly stupid, I thought this was the best scene for cavill. The look on his face really sold the moment. Plus it's pretty much the only powerful emotion kal projects in the movie besides when he kills Zod. Gives me chills every time.

2. Faora speed blitzing the military guys. Plenty of the fight scenes are great but there was something cool about it that really stuck out in my head. She was hard as hell. A little more exposure to the yellow sun and she probably takes Superman and Zod easily.

and

3. when Zod Is like "I was bred to be a warrior, Kal. Trained my entire life to master my senses. Where did you train? ON A FARM?!" Then he starts levitating. that was my, "oh shit Kals about to get fuckin smashed". The kal pretty much kicks his ass all over metropolis but it was pretty cool. Phone Post 3.0

shit i just finished watching it and it's one of the best movies ive seen this year

CSWrestler - Tell your wife that black guy she's banging scrambled her brains cuz it could only be one of those 2 ways. Duh.
Weak sauce. Zod was listing options for how it could end. Clearly the meaning was intended to be that it had to end in death, which indeed would only be one way. But the way the line was written he ends up listing 2 ways it could end.

To take it your way renders the statement meaningless since he could say "one way" and then list an infinite number of ways it could end! And how could something end 2 ways? The truth is it was a shitty line that was poorly written. Can't believe no one changed it. Phone Post 3.0

Mark, I agree. I also think that fight scene with the soldiers perfectly displayed the power set. And I thought every scene with Kevin Costner was gold. But when I heard general Zod say that line about training on a farm all I could think about was Matt Hughes and how everyone of those Farm bred guys are tough wrestlers that own it in the UFC! Hell yeah he trained on a farm, and he's about to kick your ass! Lol Phone Post 3.0

MarkRobinson - I've seen it like 9 times now.

My favorite scenes are:

1. When Clark screams as his dad gets carried away by the tornado. Although I thought this point in the plot was fairly stupid, I thought this was the best scene for cavill. The look on his face really sold the moment. Plus it's pretty much the only powerful emotion kal projects in the movie besides when he kills Zod. Gives me chills every time.

2. Faora speed blitzing the military guys. Plenty of the fight scenes are great but there was something cool about it that really stuck out in my head. She was hard as hell. A little more exposure to the yellow sun and she probably takes Superman and Zod easily.

and

3. when Zod Is like "I was bred to be a warrior, Kal. Trained my entire life to master my senses. Where did you train? ON A FARM?!" Then he starts levitating. that was my, "oh shit Kals about to get fuckin smashed". The kal pretty much kicks his ass all over metropolis but it was pretty cool. Phone Post 3.0
Don't know if you include this in Faora speed blitzing those guys, but I'd throw in the part where the army guy pulls out his knife when he's out of bullets and Faora says that line about a good death. I had chills watching that scene, though that may be because my basement is ridiculously cold. Phone Post 3.0

Great scene, Red. Also one of the reasons I thought Meloni killed it. Loved how the character never quit, and Meloni really sold it. Also loved them reprising that line later.

I DON'T LIKE THAT THEY MADE MISSLES BE ABLE TO HURT KRYPTONIANS BUT PUNCHING THEM HARD ENOUGH TO SEND THEM THROUGH BUILDINGS DIDN'T HURT THEM AT ALL. JUST A LITTLE SILLY IMO.

I liked it overall. But some parts were just stupid. Like Pa Kent going back after the dog!? You have to kill off supes father and you have him give his life to rescue a fucking dog?! Fuck your dog! You go back after him. Phone Post 3.0

About the missle. Faora's breather was damaged. She was basically already boned just like zod was minutes earlier.

I also liked the movie much more on the second viewing.

yeah that was a good sceen too, Redfox. 

heres the faora scene i was talking about. they miss the first part where she jumps and lands. which is pretty much the illest shit ever.