Man returns $4000 in cash in a wallet with NO I.D.

Wal-Mart employee Paul Williams’ shift had ended. Time to head to the bus stop and make his way home.

But as he walked through the store’s parking lot in Antelope, Calif., he noticed something familiar in a shopping cart—a wallet.

As he soon discovered, though, this left-behind wallet was a bit different.

It contained $4,000 in cash, a $1,000 check, but no I.D.

Not having time to alert a manager, Williams brought the wallet home. When he showed it to his wife Debra, she was shocked. But she soon declared, “Baby, you know we gotta do the right thing.” Williams knew it, too: “I wouldn’t want to be responsible for someone who was trying to pay a mortgage,” according to Yahoo News.

Which is exactly what Lynn Andries, the owner of the wallet, had been meaning to do—until she realized her terrible mistake after a rushed shopping trip

“I was just sick,” Andries recalls, who was going to pay off a second mortgage with the money in her wallet. In her distress, Andries says she first decided there was no point in going back to the store to try to find it, but her sister convinced her that was the only option.

As Andries was desperately combing through the parking lot, Williams called the store and described what he had found…and soon after Andries met with Williams and his wife.

“I looked at her right in the eyes,” Andries recalls, “and I said, ‘Is the money still there?’ and she said, ‘Every single penny.’ And I just started crying and hugging them. It was absolutely awesome…it gives me faith.”

The same thing was on Williams’ mind; he says his good deed was a chance to demonstrate that “there are still some good people in the world that do the right thing.”

Awesome story.

Thank you for sharing that!! Phone Post

Great story...

Now she can pay her supplier and won't get killed...! Llf Phone Post 3.0

I can relate.

I was driving through Center, TX on my way to Houston, x-mas time, 2007 or 2008.

Stopped to get gas and take a leak.

Bank envelope on the back of the toilet.

3-thousand in hundreds.

A serious shit-load of money to me at that time.

I left my name and number.  Told them someone was, for sure, going to come in looking for that money and freaking the fuck out.

Had two (2) messages on my machine when I got home.

Old-fart in his late 70's or 80's was going to pay his mechanic in cash.  Had to shit.

4-hours later he picks up his money at my apartment in Houston.  Gives me a twenty for my troubles.

Have never regretted that for so much as an instant. 

It was simply not my money.

Bad ass, thank you for sharing :) Phone Post

4k in cash to pay a mortgage. Uh huh.
I'll bet her dealer was thrilled to her she got her stash back. Phone Post 3.0

So shines a good deed in a weary world.

What an idiot Phone Post

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt Phone Post

I bet the guy who found it could really have used that money and that makes it an even better deed. I wish I had the means to hit him up with a Good Samaritan reward. Phone Post 3.0

I returned $100 befoe Phone Post 3.0

Awesome story. Phone Post 3.0

Hecklah - Black guys will do anything to have sex with a white women. Phone Post 3.0

fuck u goof Phone Post

I had a bank teller in my hometown give me an extra $100 on accident when she was counting out $500 from a check I cashed. I didn't realize it until I got home. Spent the rest of the day agonizing over what to do. Decided to go back and tell them the mistake. When I got there the lady thanked me and said they were gonna take the missing $100 out of her paycheck. Bank manager gave me a $5 gift certificate as thanks. I felt really good about it and since the bank manager is prominant in my hometown I have a pretty good rep amongst the business class there. It was a hard decision for a poor teenager with no car to make but I look back on it and wonder what I would have done if it was more. Phone Post 3.0

Naderhood - I had a bank teller in my hometown give me an extra $100 on accident when she was counting out $500 from a check I cashed. I didn't realize it until I got home. Spent the rest of the day agonizing over what to do. Decided to go back and tell them the mistake. When I got there the lady thanked me and said they were gonna take the missing $100 out of her paycheck. Bank manager gave me a $5 gift certificate as thanks. I felt really good about it and since the bank manager is prominant in my hometown I have a pretty good rep amongst the business class there. It was a hard decision for a poor teenager with no car to make but I look back on it and wonder what I would have done if it was more. Phone Post 3.0
No bank takes teller losses out of her paycheck. Maybe a very small credit union or a check cashing store. Phone Post 3.0

Naderhood - I had a bank teller in my hometown give me an extra $100 on accident when she was counting out $500 from a check I cashed. I didn't realize it until I got home. Spent the rest of the day agonizing over what to do. Decided to go back and tell them the mistake. When I got there the lady thanked me and said they were gonna take the missing $100 out of her paycheck. Bank manager gave me a $5 gift certificate as thanks. I felt really good about it and since the bank manager is prominant in my hometown I have a pretty good rep amongst the business class there. It was a hard decision for a poor teenager with no car to make but I look back on it and wonder what I would have done if it was more. Phone Post 3.0

I had one give me an extra $40, which I returned. She told me she would have lost her job over it because it hadn't been her first short drawer.

Its sad but I can't say for certain that I would have returned it. Phone Post

More of this and less of world star hip hop. Phone Post 3.0

Hecklah -
Rudi -
Hecklah - Black guys will do anything to have sex with a white women. Phone Post 3.0

fuck u goof Phone Post

Sorry I meant just the fat white women Phone Post 3.0
Hilarious. VU Phone Post 3.0