man snakebitten- gets beer waiting for ambulance

huge balls

 

Capture

 

(Source) A Queensland man who was bitten by Australia’s deadliest snake calmly reached for a cold beer and sat down to wait for an ambulance. Rod Sommerville, 54, was bitten on the finger by an eastern brown snake – the world’s second most venomous snake – while working in his garden in Yeppoon, Central Queensland. But it’s what happened next that would impress even the toughest survivalists. Mr Sommerville hit the snake over the head with his shovel and called himself an ambulance. He then grabbed a cold beer from the fridge and quietly waited for help to arrive, according to the New Zealand Herald.

‘If you panic, it makes it worse,’ Mr Sommerville told the Rockhampton Morning Bulletin. ‘I said to myself, if I’m going to cark it (die) I’m going to have a beer, so I got a Goldie (Australian beer XXXX Gold) out of the fridge and drank that.’ Things didn’t get any easier for Mr Sommerville once help arrived, though. The father suffered an allergic reaction to the anti-venom and spent four days in intensive care. And while he’s now recovering, he’s yet to be discharged from hospital, more than three weeks after being bitten. “The reaction nearly killed me as well, so it was a double whammy,” he said. There are more than 3,000 reported snake bites in Australia each year, but less than five on average prove fatal. The eastern brown snake is notorious for both its potent venom and its aggressive nature. A 59-year-old Australian woman died in November last year after being bitten on the ankle by an eastern brown snake.

Like A Boss