Man struck by train while posing for selfie

Kings21 - 
Res ipsa loquitar - 
Ridgeback - 

I have a theory that the digital generation can't distinguish real danger from digital dangers because they spent so much time in the virtual world the real world doesn't signal real threats in their brains like it should.  Add the youthful feeling of immortality and you get what you might call "easily preventable catastrophic deaths."  

Pretty solid hypothesis. I see more kids crossing the street with head down in their smart phones than not

Except retards have been getting nailed by trains since trains came into existence.

HEY FUCKERS, A GIGANTIC STEEL LOCOMOTIVE IS GONNA FLY BY HERE, LETS GET SUPER CLOSE TO IT!

Good riddance. I hope he at least felt the pain before he died. Though I guess its assholes like this that we can use as examples to our own children when teaching them why we shouldnt stand on tracks when trains are coming. Again, fuckin retards.

Normal people, as absorbed in their devices as they are, recognize that you will die if a fuckin train hits you. Great thought though.

There is an absolute treasure trove of train related Darwin Awards lol

Everything ends up okay with this one, believe it or not.

Ridgeback - 

I have a theory that the digital generation can't distinguish real danger from digital dangers because they spent so much time in the virtual world the real world doesn't signal real threats in their brains like it should.  Add the youthful feeling of immortality and you get what you might call "easily preventable catastrophic deaths."  

I have a slightly different theory. 

Remember the video games back in the early years? When you died you either had to start the level over or start the game over. If taught you a real appreciation for death. It taught you to be careful and survive.

Kids these days just keep respawning over and over and have no concept of what death is like.

MarsMan -
Ridgeback - 

Your theory is not far fetched at all.

I remember studying semiotics a while ago, and our professor talking about a study where Brazilian indians (who spent their lives in little villages in the jungle) were taken to a large metropolitan city, and how they were oblivious to typical signs - like the colors in a crossing light, bathroom signs, crossing strips and car horns.

It was noted that when we (as in city people) go to the jungle, we are also completely blind to signs that are obvious to them, like the color of some leaves and plants, the chant of birds and animals...

These sound completely different.

One group don't pay attention to dangers that they know the signs for because they are not paying attention.

Second group don't realise they are in danger because of different environment with different dangers Phone Post 3.0

MisterFixit -
Ridgeback - 

I have a slightly different theory. 

Remember the video games back in the early years? When you died you either had to start the level over or start the game over. If taught you a real appreciation for death. It taught you to be careful and survive.

Kids these days just keep respawning over and over and have no concept of what death is like.

Cant even explain how weird it is seeing my nephew play old games and getting super mad at having to start at the beginning rather than 10 steps behind where you died. I remember playing with friends all day on mario brothers, each trying to beat it in one run. Kids these days have it easy i tell ya! Phone Post 3.0

Crate train

does he train ufc? Phone Post 3.0

Thanks Darwin. Phone Post 3.0