man, this dude's bjj is off the chain.

big fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl_YQmB8lE0

Nice Clip

i know it's judo, just thought you'd enjoy. real nice.

Cool, this guy's bjj is pretty sweet too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhA_vbLBgG0&feature=related

Gotta love left-sided players. They're soulless destroyers of worlds just like gingers.

Lol anyone catch the butt drag around 1:07

what is he doing these days?

FYI,  Dude does seminars.

^ So he's still giving flying lessons?

Awesome vid! Every time I see a Judo vid, it makes me wish I'd have stuck with it.

Help me out here -- in the vid, when his opponents are 'showing their palms', is that so the ref doesn't think they tapped to the subs Flores was going for?

Justin Flores judo style is an extension of his wrestling background. And he developed them into world class judo skills. His style is not the norm in judo. Vegard- Justin posts on the judo forum as jayflo145. I think he does seminars but is retired from competitive judo. Numerous injuries (over the years) has taken its toll on him he told is in a post. Joe Canada- not sure what is meant by "showing their palms up"? Can you be more specific of a time in the clip.

that flying bow and arrow choke was off the chain!

joe canada - Awesome vid! Every time I see a Judo vid, it makes me wish I'd have stuck with it.

Yeah I hear you!!! I'm a brown belt and now my throwing is shit.

Nice vid, thanks for posting!

good guy but this is more impressive to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEMlJiTWNfk&playnext=1&list=PLADE3B4F27F141E45&index=25

judoblackbelt - Justin Flores judo style is an extension of his wrestling background. And he developed them into world class judo skills. His style is not the norm in judo. Vegard- Justin posts on the judo forum as jayflo145. I think he does seminars but is retired from competitive judo. Numerous injuries (over the years) has taken its toll on him he told is in a post. Joe Canada- not sure what is meant by "showing their palms up"? Can you be more specific of a time in the clip.

Judoblackbelt,
Do you know which sport Justin spent the most time on in his youth? In the video I saw he was in Japan doing judo at age 11 but he must of spent a lot of time wrestling as well to make it to the college level. Id be interested in knowing what his early training consisted of if anyone knows.

Thanks.

I huge fan of dan

Judoblackbelt:

5:10 -- Flores is going for a reverse triangle, and his opponent is extending both palms.

5:20 -- Flores is going for a choke, same response from his opponent.

Seems like the opponent is trying to let the ref know he's not tapping. Or is it that he's showing he's not basing on a hand and that therefore the triangle shouldn't be legal as they're not grounded? (I heard that arm-bars and triangles weren't legal on a standing opponent, but readily admit I am not up to speed on Judo rules)

Thanks for your help!

jbb looks like he trying to get a mate call and not get pinned???

subbed