Man tortured/killed for shoplifting $5 worth.

MMAdotCOM - USA is increasingly appearing like a 3rd world country Phone Post 3.0

Try living in Guadalajara for a year to get some perspective. 

I definitely think there is far more to this story than meets the eye. There is some serious issues though for sure.

AmazinGracie - 
angryinch - 
Fighting - 

I'm sure it was that simple.  The jailers said, ' this dude needs tortured and killed for stealing 5. worth of shit!" 

There's nothing else to the story at all.  Just that. 

correctional officers at the Portsmouth jail physically abused and withheld food from Jamycheal Mitchell. One inmate said some officers named in the lawsuit treated Mitchell "like a circus animal," the lawsuit says. Mitchell also was dragged, punched, kicked and sprayed with mace by jailers who goaded medical personnel into ignoring the inmate's deteriorating health,

Sounds like torture to me.  Not to mention, he was locked up for 3 fucking months for a $5 theft.  That alone is abusive, especially given that the guy was mentally ill.  

We all know inmates never lie. So it must be 100% fact. 

Well, this particular inmate never said anything.  He was mentally ill, got locked up for 3 months for shoplifting what amounts to a bag of potato chips, and was subsequently tortured and killed by the guards and staff who ignored a judge's order to move him to another facility.

Do the math, Poindexter. 

He would have just got his hands cut off in the middle east, unless he was gay, then he would only lose his head.

Mer'ca, we don't kill u for being gay, or insane. Not by law anyway. Phone Post 3.0

Why was he in jail for 3 months?

AmazinGracie -
angryinch - 
AmazinGracie - 
angryinch - 
Fighting - 

I'm sure it was that simple.  The jailers said, ' this dude needs tortured and killed for stealing 5. worth of shit!" 

correctional officers at the Portsmouth jail physically abused and withheld food from Jamycheal Mitchell. One inmate said some officers named in the lawsuit treated Mitchell "like a circus animal," the lawsuit says. Mitchell also was dragged, punched, kicked and sprayed with mace by jailers who goaded medical personnel into ignoring the inmate's deteriorating health,

Sounds like torture to me.  Not to mention, he was locked up for 3 fucking months for a $5 theft.  That alone is abusive, especially given that the guy was mentally ill.  

Well, this particular inmate never said anything.  He was mentally ill, got locked up for 3 months for shoplifting what amounts to a bag of potato chips, and was subsequently tortured and killed by the guards and staff who ignored a judge's order to move him to another facility.

Do the math, Poindexter. 

Read your quote, AI - "one inmate said some officers named in the lawsuit treated Mitchell "like a circus animal". 

This is the inmate I am referring to. I since inmates never lie, then this must be a true statement. Did you pick up on the sarcasm? Then let me speak clearly without being sarcastic.

I think this second inmate is a liar. I also don't think he was tortured and killed by guards and staff. I know that may be hard for you to fathom. But I think this story is fabricated. No one knows how he died. But people are speculating..people like you.

Keep in mind, Michael Brown's pastor said he was out sharing the word of God when he got shot....in all actuality, he was robbing a store, beating patrons and attacking a police officer. 

In the future, please try to follow along without insulting people. I know that's hard to do with your cop-hater hat on. 

The article says how he died, either it's because the staff did it on purpose or because they are idiots Phone Post 3.0

angryinch -
MMAdotCOM - USA is increasingly appearing like a 3rd world country Phone Post 3.0

Our prison system is just as bad as the ones in many 3rd world countries. 

Americas jails systems are paradise compared to any other country. Have you seen a jail in a third world country? In person? I have and I can tell you for a fact people in American jails have it made compared to everywhere else in the world. Phone Post 3.0

If he was a POS that's on him, but why the fuck would we have to pay so much money to house him all year for a goddamn snickers bar?

Hard to defend anyone here. Guy made himself a mental POS, family is money grubbing POS and the jailers are corrupt POS.

Americans killing Americans. Sounds like a fairy tale told to ISIS children.

Or wait a second... Phone Post 3.0

AmazinGracie -
OpenedUp -
AmazinGracie -
angryinch - 
AmazinGracie - 
angryinch - 
Fighting - 

Do the math, Poindexter. 

Read your quote, AI - "one inmate said some officers named in the lawsuit treated Mitchell "like a circus animal". 

This is the inmate I am referring to. I since inmates never lie, then this must be a true statement. Did you pick up on the sarcasm? Then let me speak clearly without being sarcastic.

I think this second inmate is a liar. I also don't think he was tortured and killed by guards and staff. I know that may be hard for you to fathom. But I think this story is fabricated. No one knows how he died. But people are speculating..people like you.

Keep in mind, Michael Brown's pastor said he was out sharing the word of God when he got shot....in all actuality, he was robbing a store, beating patrons and attacking a police officer. 

In the future, please try to follow along without insulting people. I know that's hard to do with your cop-hater hat on. 

The article says how he died, either it's because the staff did it on purpose or because they are idiots Phone Post 3.0
Read the Washington Post article. It's a bit more clear than the OP. Phone Post 3.0
Link to article? Phone Post 3.0

MMAdotCOM -
angryinch -
MMAdotCOM - USA is increasingly appearing like a 3rd world country Phone Post 3.0

Our prison system is just as bad as the ones in many 3rd world countries. 

Worse actually Phone Post 3.0
Good. If your stupid enough to go to jail I dont care if they shit in their mouths. Insert Serra Phone Post 3.0

NiteProwleR - Hard to defend anyone here. Guy made himself a mental POS, family is money grubbing POS and the jailers are corrupt POS.
How does a guy make himself a mental POS by being schizophrenic. You realize that nobody wants to be schizo? It's a debilitating disease man. Phone Post 3.0

The real question is if he is so mentally ill, why is he in jail? Furthermore why is he in jail for 90 days for such a petty crime?

Story infuriates me. I guess if you don't have family members with mental health issues, you don't care, but it's nothing to imagine somebody like my son, who is autistic, and who doesn't have anyone looking out for him in a situation like that. Fuck those people. They should be brought up on criminal charges. Phone Post 3.0

David@accu - 

The real question is if he is so mentally ill, why is he in jail? Furthermore why is he in jail for 90 days for such a petty crime?

Because we still treat the mentally ill like lepers and refuse to acknowledge that mental illness is not something people can control any more than they can control having any other kind of disorder or illness.   Our knowledge of mental illness is still in its infancy and a lot of stupid people believe that the mentally ill can simply think themselves better.  

And he was most likely in jail for that long because he didn't have the money to hire a good lawyer.

Jack Furious - I would like some more links to this, sources, court cases if anything is being filed... I am considered to be mentally ill; schizo-affective bipolar fast-cycling type 1, and I have been in and out of different institutions throughout most of my adult life. Thank god I'm not full blown schizo or I would have died in jail just from the violence and confusion. As your clasicification climbs any pity for the defenseless drops; I could see other inmates taking this guys food and noone reporting it, or even the guards knowing it and just "letting it hapen". TWO judicial orders to transfer an inmate to a psychiatric hospital do not BOTH get "lost in the system." Someone wanted this man to suffer and die for the entertainiment of the devils at the docket or whatever negligent guards manned his pod. Fucking sad and disgusting. I want to read everything before I finalize my thoughts, but being VERY familiar with jail and prison medical care I can EASILY see this happening out of either negligence OR plain spite. Prison guards are the lowest form of life on earth. Your workday is "to deny others freedom" topped off by kickbacks for smuggling in contraband, turning cameras off strategically to "sanction" fights between inmates, ZERO medical care, zero compassion, and mostly for non-violent drug offenses, man I've seen some dirty shit but the treatment of the mentally ill is criminal

This 100%.  

Anyone who thinks prison guards would never do anything like this needs to read up on the Stanford Prison Experiment.  

MMAdotCOM -
LFTM -
MMAdotCOM - USA is increasingly appearing like a 3rd world country Phone Post 3.0
Only if you spend all your time on the Internet. Phone Post 3.0
You mean reading the news? Phone Post 3.0
Yes believe everything the media tells you... Phone Post 3.0

the_b00ts - 
angryinch -
Jack Furious - I would like some more links to this, sources, court cases if anything is being filed... I am considered to be mentally ill; schizo-affective bipolar fast-cycling type 1, and I have been in and out of different institutions throughout most of my adult life. Thank god I'm not full blown schizo or I would have died in jail just from the violence and confusion. As your clasicification climbs any pity for the defenseless drops; I could see other inmates taking this guys food and noone reporting it, or even the guards knowing it and just "letting it hapen". TWO judicial orders to transfer an inmate to a psychiatric hospital do not BOTH get "lost in the system." Someone wanted this man to suffer and die for the entertainiment of the devils at the docket or whatever negligent guards manned his pod. Fucking sad and disgusting. I want to read everything before I finalize my thoughts, but being VERY familiar with jail and prison medical care I can EASILY see this happening out of either negligence OR plain spite. Prison guards are the lowest form of life on earth. Your workday is "to deny others freedom" topped off by kickbacks for smuggling in contraband, turning cameras off strategically to "sanction" fights between inmates, ZERO medical care, zero compassion, and mostly for non-violent drug offenses, man I've seen some dirty shit but the treatment of the mentally ill is criminal

This 100%.  

Anyone who thinks prison guards would never do anything like this needs to read up on the Stanford Prison Experiment.  

Oh come on AI. I was a CO for years and never had any problems with people that didn't cause problems. I actually wasn't that far from Porthsmouth and know some of the state COs in that area. No one is just going to beat the shit out of someone and deny them medical attention for no reason. Unlike police officers, COs are fired all the time for the smallest things.

lol....

Read up on the MASSIVE corruption and abuse happening in FL prisons that nothing has been done about. And again, the Stanford experiment showed how easy it is for guards to turn abusive, even people who are not sadistic and are even tempered, well meaning, "nice" people, can turn into sadistic fucks in a matter of hours given the right conditions, e.g., the conditions that exist in jails and the dynamics between prisoners and guards. 

Fuck living in the States. If you go to prison you get sexual enslavement and regular beat downs from the prison guards. You may deserve it but Jesus. Phone Post 3.0