Man with 21 mile commute gets surprise car

cuzzi - Phone Post 3.0
VU!!! This wins the day Phone Post 3.0

These people are really gonna have egg on their face once they realize he's Amish.

21 miles 5 days a week through 10 Michigan winters?

Dude already sold the car for 4 pairs of these shoes.

Seems like he's mentally ill or a drug/alcohol addict. Phone Post 3.0

He's got a new ride so he can visit all the OG wives and girlfriends. Nice job Ford dealership.

The guy seems really genuine from all the first hand accounts. He takes a bus ride for part of the distance, but there aren't routes available that go all the way (there is almost no public transportation in Detroit). One other thing to consider is the coat of insuring a car in the city. Even a used piece of junk costs $4-5k annually to insure if you live in the city. I don't believe every aspect of the story, but it is hard not to have a tremendous amount of respect for the guy. He hasn't missed a day of work or been late for his entire tenure at the company per his boss. That is almost unfathomable. Phone Post 3.0

I want to careen past him as he walks and blasts this:

http://youtu.be/8iOpUdsMeqM Phone Post 3.0

Dont believe this a fucking bit.

Is it 10 each way or 21 each way?
Was there no one car pooling from his area?
Public transportation?
You could get a beater for under $500 after a bit.
3 hours of sleep a night?

Between 3 hours of sleep, walking 21 miles a day + working, he would have had a damn heart attack at some point.

I can see riding a bike. Not walking, dude has to have some sort mental issue going on cause none of it makes sense at all. He says he does what he was to do to make it to work but makes enough to get a shit ass beater at least or even public transpass for buses/trains. Seen one article that stated a co worker said he always looks so tired when he comes into work.

Maybe he preferred to use what little money came in for house and food related expenses.
He is not starving and homeless.
OG is ver jaded :)

Nice of all the donators in getting a car for him. Phone Post 3.0

Eggbert - So after working 10 years with no vehicle expenses he wasn't able to save enough to but some sort of vehicle? Seems odd. Lots of kids? Substance abuse? Very low wage? Phone Post 3.0
I think he was only making like 10 something an hour and didn't move close cause his house where he lived was given to his wife but dang sell it and buy something closer Phone Post 3.0

tanner904 - 
Eggbert - So after working 10 years with no vehicle expenses he wasn't able to save enough to but some sort of vehicle? Seems odd. Lots of kids? Substance abuse? Very low wage? Phone Post 3.0
I think he was only making like 10 something an hour and didn't move close cause his house where he lived was given to his wife but dang sell it and buy something closer Phone Post 3.0

10 an hour for 10 years, you can sure as fuck afford a car, which is why this seems way too odd.

Seeing a lot of comments ripping into the company now. Saying the company should have known about his problems and helped him. Why didn't his coworkers help him? Wonder how much the CEO makes? Why is he only make 10.55 an hour after 10 years? etc etc

He probably came to enjoy the walk and all the health benefits that came along with it, now he is going to wait a couple moths for the buzz to fade away, then he is going to say "fuck these guys and their self promoting sympathy horse shit, I'm selling this bitch and banking some coin!"

Sources close to Robertson say "he already owns a Ford, that's why he's walking" Phone Post 3.0

Something is fishy...

#1. We are talking about 4-7 hours of walking per day....I don't buy it.

#2. Why didn't he find something closer for 10 bucks an hour? How dumb is he?

#3. He could have bought a bicycle for 50 dollars that would obviously cut his commute down to an hour or so.

How fucking jaded is this thread?

Let's talk shit and run down some guy that didn't even ask for a story to be made about him or for people to give him money.

Fucking disappointing. Phone Post 3.0

I say something is up with the story nobody would walk that far. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think that anybody that has to pay for rent, food, utilities etc. would be able to save money for a car on 10.55. I'm sure that money goes FAST. Maybe he could have saved the money for a cheap car over a period of time, but I'm guessing he wouldn't have even had the money to get liability insurance.

It does some like a odd story, but I don't fault the guy for 10.55

Jesús X -
EBD75 - The guy seems really genuine from all the first hand accounts. He takes a bus ride for part of the distance, but there aren't routes available that go all the way (there is almost no public transportation in Detroit). One other thing to consider is the coat of insuring a car in the city. Even a used piece of junk costs $4-5k annually to insure if you live in the city. I don't believe every aspect of the story, but it is hard not to have a tremendous amount of respect for the guy. He hasn't missed a day of work or been late for his entire tenure at the company per his boss. That is almost unfathomable. Phone Post 3.0

I live in urban long beach,ca way more expensive Than michigan,my insurance at full coverage is maybe 2k a year. lol at 4-5k a year in insurance, a house doesnt even cost that much to insure, he could get liability on a bucket for 50-80 a month same price as a buss pass
Detroit is one of the most expensive cities in the U.S to insure a car. Phone Post 3.0

RdotC - How fucking jaded is this thread?

Let's talk shit and run down some guy that didn't even ask for a story to be made about him or for people to give him money.

Fucking disappointing. Phone Post 3.0
And this, Jesus Christ. The guy never asked for this. Phone Post 3.0