Manager, yes or not?

You are a fighter. Do you think is better or not to have a manager? Yes or No, give a why to your choice.

it is not rocket science to book fights, but having a manager makes it easier to stay busy and pick the right fights for you.. An established manager is less likely to be screwed by promoters, due to the influence he could have on that promotions reputation. Also good manager should have an idea what average; fighters get paid in certain levels...

i big name fighter should probably have a manager, Tito/Rampage, Lidell they should have managers. Lower level athletes will probably be ok on there own

Get a manager. It's hard enough to deal with the stress of training let alone hassel over money.

a good manager..or do it yourself.

IF you don't you won't get any fights. Even with a top notch manager it's hard to get fights. Without one you'll be lucky to ifhgt at all and if you do it will be for next to nothing.

Date: 29-Dec-03 06:13 PM
955 Total Posts

i big name fighter should probably have a manager, Tito/Rampage, Lidell they should have managers. Lower level athletes will probably be ok on there own

lol

Why lower athletes should not have a manager?

as an MMA and Boxing promoter I can tell you this:

If you plan on making MMA your career, get a manager. If you just do it for the hell of it, you can do it yourself, just be very carefull who you get involved with...ask around about the promoter, etc...but if you're serious about MMA as a career, GET A RESPECTED MANAGER.

Marko Leisten manages most of us in Team Scandinavia. It's pretty nice. I just call him and I can get information about possible fights and tell him what I want to do. Then he sets it up and handles the details :-)

If you don't have a manager you're goign to have real trouble getting any fihgts. Particularly in the minor leagues.