Manel Kape is the 2nd prelim of the night on Sat

I see Kape is fighting David Dvorak and is the 2nd fight of the night on the UFC Fight Night this weekend.

His last fight in RIZIN before he came to the UFC he was in the main event of the RIZIN NYE show and had 15 million Japanese people watching him KO their biggest star Asakura and they watched him win the RIZIN title in the process.

Going from that to being the 2nd prelim of the night on a Fight Night card while ranked 8th in the UFC at FLW is a pretty drastic decline in “buzz” for your brand I would imagine.

Then again who knows what the viewership numbers are like for early prelims. I see two fights ago he KOed Osborne as the early prelims main event on the UFC 265 card. Who knows what types of views a early prelim main event averages globally.

Obviously you see why its best for some fighters like Chandler and Alvarez to make the jump from Bellator to the UFC and for others like Khalidov and Pudz they are better staying exclusively with KSW and how Christian and Angela Lee will likely never make the jump from ONE.

1 Like

Dude fought 4 times in 2021

1 Like

I always like seeing fighters trying to climb the ranks when they hit the UFC be willing to do that.

I think Holland took 6 UFC fights one year, Cowboy took 5 one year and then also took 4 fights in five different years in the UFC.