Manny Pacquiao's 2 ko losses (Video)

Found these on youtube, theres alot of his old fights on there,, he's obviously come a long way since then.

^

^

Manny had big problems cutting weight for those fights

I remember watching Manny vs Torrecampo fight way back in high school in "Blow By Blow" a boxing show 90's here in the Phil., a show were Pacman started his pro career. He was a skinny promising young fighter with a raw aggresive style before the KO of Torrecampo. I think the significant turnaround in Pacman's career is when hired Freddie Roach as his official head trainer because he has evolve a lot since then

Interesting that they were both body shots KOs.

Re: Mayweather - seek out the De La Hoya video for one of his "losses".

:)

ttt

Thanks.  I hadn't seen those before.  Definitely looked susceptible to body shot, although the first KO might have been helped by the guy ramming his shoulder or head into Manny's chin along with the punch.  Goes to show you that nobody is invincible and that guys don't automatically perform better at the lowest weight they can fight at.

Since he was Knocked out twice in 1996 he has no chance against PBF.

IIRC, both those losses where when he was killing himself to make the weight.

U4EA - IIRC, both those losses where when he was killing himself to make the weight.
He weighed 110 and 113 pounds for those fights.  He made the jump to 122 immediately after the 2nd KO. 

if you look at that first pac video it almost looks like he tanked that fight. Guy hits him in the chest.

hell the second one too.  do you really think that body would have ko'd pacman?

CRE - Do you have any videos of Floyd Mayweather's losses?

Mayweather - Castillo I?

if Floyd was living in poverty in PI too, i guaran-fucking-tee he would have lost a few boxing matches on account of malnutrition 

eviladam - 

Mayweather - Castillo I?

sounds about right

Diego stole my name - Manny had big problems cutting weight for those fights
And that is relevant how?

No one in their right mind can say that Pac was the same fighter when he lost those 2 as he is now. The level of improvement he has showed since his loss to Morales is mind boggling, let alone a fight that took place years before that at >116 lbs

eviladam - 

Mayweather - Castillo I?

correct

"And that is relevant how?"

I would think you posting here for a year, you would understand the relevance of dramatic weightcutting and performance

He was a 17 year old kid in his first KO loss. He had trouble making the weight and the promoter forced him to wear heavier gloves to balance things out.

In the second KO loss, he was 20 and had no business fighting at 112, but his managers did not want to see the phillipines ONLY champion give up his belt so he took the bout against the thai. Again cutting large amounts of weight affects your conditioning, reflexes, everything

After those two losses. Manny jumped 3 fucking weightdivisions. Thats how much he was growing

Now your post is relevant, how?